Author Topic: Who to consult with  (Read 3114 times)

babyface99

Who to consult with
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:53:11 AM »
I just want an average jawline and perhaps a less Stallone-esq midface im not chasing perfection i just want to feel normal. Who should i consult with for a surgical plan/ diagnosis i live in Philadelphia. Also will ccw/wider airway help my posture? From what i can gather I'm a class ii. Recessed jaw dished in midface leading to slight negative orbital vector and canthal tilt. Should i pursue palate expansion with my local funational ortho first or will that complicate things?

babyface99

Re: Who to consult with
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:12:18 AM »
The negative tilt is mostly from scleral show

terry947

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »
If say to pursuit palatal expansion first, only if you have a narrow dental arch and can't maintain proper oral posture.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:47 PM »
Man these guys are such f**king jackasses. Why is he lecturing this f**king max fac for retards lecture to an audience full of max facs!!!!!????? Like don't they all know this s**t already!?!???
And that little glint in his eye when he mentions that there's a 5 percent increase in PS each year despite the economic downturn?

What asshole doesn't indicate is that you can have a hundred max facs do the same procedure and each one will do it bloody differently.

babyface99

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »
Ok well anyway WHO SHOULD I CONSULT, east coast preferably near philly or online

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 11:26:44 PM »
Ok well anyway WHO SHOULD I CONSULT, east coast preferably near philly or online

Dude just go to an orthodontist and ask him/her to recommend the three best surgeons in town. If the ortho doesn't know anything about max fac they're a s**tty ortho. And then go get consults and measure and or share the issues here for advice from senior/experienced members. I mean these boards just give an impression that there are only two or three big names in this. There are hundreds of probably very good max facs around. Maybe start out by trying Dr. Sachs in NYC. But even locally there are probably many.

Depending on your issues ask about CCW too. The more I learn about this sounds like CCW is the most recommended method these days but no everyone does it. But then again it may not be recommended for you.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »
Is the surgery covered by your insurance? That probably limits the amount of surgeons you have available to you unless you're willing to pay for everything yourself. I agree with what Lazlo said otherwise. It's mostly the big name surgeons that are mentioned on this forum so I'm afraid that you're going to do your own research if you want a locally available surgeon.