Author Topic: Widening cheekbones  (Read 22275 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Widening cheekbones
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 02:03:01 AM »
Well it sucks and it will suck more when u get older thanks to bone volumetric loss and skin quality.
This is where having non-recessed bones helps a hell of a lot, even if the face is not attractive.

Did you lose a lot of weight, or it was just that "pubertal" facial fat?
Went from 17% bf to 11%.  I wanted to see what the bone structure was under my hamster cheeks - there was no bone structure.

Sounds like a typical "mouth breather" with already good features. Those cases are easily solvable due to affected only lower jaw and maxilla.
Not really.  Few surgeons can do CCW well.  There is a reason A&G charge so much.  And even after CCW he had "banana gonial angles", which were fixed with a chin wing - even fewer surgeons do wing osteotomies.

It sounds like guy didn't have unacceptable weak midface, otherwise he'd come nowhere. 
His infraorbital recession is still there, but it doesn't really matter.  This guy does not have super strong infraorbital rims, but he still looks good:
http://www.rhinoplastyrevisions.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty/patient-18/

From what I saw, it was always CIII. But a precondition for every potentially good outcome is a not-weak midface, once that condition is not satisfied, one most likey won't fall under category "significant improvement".
i.e. only the maxilla recessed.  But that's rarely the case with class IIIs.  The recession is usually all the way to the eye balls, sometimes beyond (sloped forehead - one ugly feature).

terry947

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »
Sloped for head aren't that bad on men. My good looking friends have sloped foreheads and they have developed faces. I think when you have a recessed jaw or mid face it makes the forehead look even more recessed.  Not to mention most people tilt their heads back making it look even worse.

I have seen many before and after with CCW rotation but those seem have the best result fof class Ii that is.

Also brandon I'm sure everyone who post regularly on this forum has realistic expectations. I don't think anyone here is expecting to become hot s**t after.

Polsko what do you mean by bannana gonial angle

PloskoPlus

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 02:21:53 AM »
Polsko what do you mean by bannana gonial angle

Rounded jaw angles, short ramus, etc.. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 02:34:04 AM »
Sloped for head aren't that bad on men. My good looking friends have sloped foreheads and they have developed faces. I think when you have a recessed jaw or mid face it makes the forehead look even more recessed.  Not to mention most people tilt their heads back making it look even worse.
To me it's the contrary.  Maxilla is where it should be now, the sloped forehead looks even further back now. 

I have seen many before and after with CCW rotation but those seem have the best result fof class Ii that is.
You know I think you might just have the same result as the aforementioned guy.  I wouldn't skip JS, just because you're worried that it will make the infraorbital weakness more obvious.  He too has biggish eyes and lips.  He turned out freaking great.  He inspired me to get moar surgery in the vain attempt (double pun?!) to look better.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »
This is in fact interesting and I would like to hear more about. By my knowledge a CCW should be a textbook surgery, relatively easy, routine and predictable. Maybe this is why I was said that "only few surgeons will do right what you need" and he was referring only to lefort1 manipulation. It still may be purely marketing involved, as I assumed in the early beginning.
I was surprised about that too and yet that's the case.  You can ask terry.  A top surgeon in his city did not offer him CCW, yet he is the ideal patient for it.  But hey, modified LF3 are also described in textbooks. 

What does high gonial angle to do with CCW? CCW just dictates the amount of rotation of lower jaw, while gonial angle is a relation between body and ramus of lower jaw.
Exactly right, BSSO does nothing to the gonial angle.  CCW rotation does put the mandible at a more aesthetic angle to the horizontal, however.

My GA is horrible as well (135) and it perfectly fits in banana category. Was advised to use implants.
IMO, a chin wing is a better option.  It may not give you L-shaped gonial angles, but the less foreign material the better (you can even remove the plates later on).

He has somehow weak infraorbitals (punched eye look), but his zygos are nice. His over all balance is nice. I don't have neither zygos, neither infraorbitals, nothing. My face is like potato, smashed potato.
That's exactly my (and your) point.  Beauty is complicated.  This guy may age poorly, but augmenting his upper mid face may throw everything off.  Frankly, I don't know why he risked a nose job.  But if you have little to lose, move bones.  It may just work.

terry947

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
That's right. Probably the "best" jaw surgeon in Toronto said that he doesn't do CCW rotation, or at least for me he wouldn't. Which I find crazy. I have a steep occlusion angle and doing a forward advancement would look retarded. My face would get longer and I'd probably relapse since I'd probably still have lip incompetence.

Honestly I don't give a s**t if I have to pay out of pocket for JS as long as I feel the  surgeon is top notch. In Canada we only have to pay ~5000 for Bimax/Trimax but is it really better if the surgeon is incompetent.

Also thanks plosko hopefully JS can make me attractive as a side effect. Either way I'm getting it.

Also sorry for the spelling mistakes guys. I usually reply on my
iPhone/iPad.

terry947

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:44 PM »
His nose was better before. Why the f did he get a nose job. Man some ppl....

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 03:01:10 PM »
His nose was better before. Why the f did he get a nose job. Man some ppl....

who?

terry947

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »
@Lazlo That is not at all normal. My cousin had jaw surgery, for a weak chin, and he looks great now. With my new expertise, I see that he will get the family tear through deformity but pretty mild. Someone in my office had it done in the early 90s, with wire fixation. Other than cutting a nerve, he looks pretty good. I think the surgeon could have reduced a bit more, he still looks a little angry. Most of the people on the jaw surgery group on FB look great. I don't know about in person, maybe I'd have a different opinion.

Very cool images btw, helps me understand the anatomy. My facial bones are all roughly in the right place I think but you all have told me that already. What I don't understand is that my maxilla appears to be normal yet most surgeons want to multi-segment and bring the front segment down 2mm. I've been wearing a night guard since I was early teens, seems to me you can't judge the stability of an orthodontic movement on teeth like mine, which have been held in their current position for so long. In someone not in an orthodontic appliance I'd agree.