Author Topic: For those who like Arnett and Gunson...  (Read 11931 times)

LoveofScotch

Re: For those who like Arnett and Gunson...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
Hey PP,

Do you think 6mm makes sense for/with your bite? Is the assumption that there will be a 2mm relapse, leaving you with a 4mm advancement?

In the bigger picture those are relatively moderate movements. It will, of course, be a change, but I certainly don't think you'll come out of this looking like a chimp.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 01:39:30 AM »
My surgeon says that my features should be kept angular.  But, I'm afraid of looking prognathic after the 6 mm advancement of the upper jaw.  He says that's "your natural profile".  I don't know how much what he says is predicated on keeping things simple for himself vs aesthetics.  But I have a sloping forehead, sloping profile in general.  Maybe he's right.  Ante-face here I come.

The only thing I can recommend is to photoshop til you drop!

I did that and there's just so much you learn about your own appearance. I realised that by clinical standards by chin should align roughly with my upper lip and could never understand why I looked so weird in all my morphs. It was only when I played around with feminine chin positions and aligning with my lower lip that I realised where it 'should' be to look most natural.

If you want I could try doing this with a pic of yours.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 02:21:25 AM »
The only thing I can recommend is to photoshop til you drop!

I did that and there's just so much you learn about your own appearance. I realised that by clinical standards by chin should align roughly with my upper lip and could never understand why I looked so weird in all my morphs. It was only when I played around with feminine chin positions and aligning with my lower lip that I realised where it 'should' be to look most natural.

If you want I could try doing this with a pic of yours.

I don't know how to use photoshop.  And I'm afraid it may feed into my nascent narcissism ("you notice too much" - my surgeon).
My pics are in the private forum.  Knock yourself out.  (Granted the crappy phone camera thins my face too much.  I've lost schlub off my cheeks and the masseters have shrunk, but realistically I still have a fat head.).

DRIVVEN

• Private
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 10:54:26 PM »
I am a walking gunson horror story

Lestat

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 11:47:47 PM »
I am a walking gunson horror story

Why?

Ember22

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
I don't know how to use photoshop.  And I'm afraid it may feed into my nascent narcissism ("you notice too much" - my surgeon).
My pics are in the private forum.  Knock yourself out.  (Granted the crappy phone camera thins my face too much.  I've lost schlub off my cheeks and the masseters have shrunk, but realistically I still have a fat head.).

Where is the "private" forum?