Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Gunson Next Week!  (Read 21306 times)

chinnychinchin

Re: Surgery with Dr. Gunson Next Week!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »
You looked like you had a good frame to work with from the start so, the outcome has a larger chance of you looking more balanced/"good".  Your airway looks better too.

Yep my airway size improved by 5x, absolutely no issues breathing now :)

I suspect I will have similar movement and procedure recommendations. I look forward to seeing the final results! Chinnychin, are your teeth class II? I can't really tell the molar overlap.

Yep it was class II but not as severe since I've had braces when I was younger where they tried to correct my overbite. Thanks, glad I could help :)

Serra

• Private
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 03:51:37 AM »
What is that hook looking thing between your chin hardware and your braces?
Plus that's HA paste in your step-offs, right?

jesterofmalice

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »
Looks good
Are you gonna upload some before/after (non xray) pics soon?

chinnychinchin

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 12:19:10 AM »
What is that hook looking thing between your chin hardware and your braces?
Plus that's HA paste in your step-offs, right?

The hook is a rubberband attachment point for the one that goes across the front of my teeth. That's a good question about the HA paste, I'm not sure. I think you're right and it's still fit in the gap from the BSSO. That area has started to fill out recently where I used to be able to make out the step-off in the mirror and now I can't.

Looks good
Are you gonna upload some before/after (non xray) pics soon?

I hope to once my swelling goes down a little more, stay tuned, thanks :)

Serra

• Private
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 05:59:32 AM »
The hook is a rubberband attachment point for the one that goes across the front of my teeth. That's a good question about the HA paste, I'm not sure. I think you're right and it's still fit in the gap from the BSSO. That area has started to fill out recently where I used to be able to make out the step-off in the mirror and now I can't.

I hope to once my swelling goes down a little more, stay tuned, thanks :)

I don't understand what the purpose for the hook is. When is it being removed? Are you getting your chin hardware removed?

chinnychinchin

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 02:51:11 AM »
I don't understand what the purpose for the hook is. When is it being removed? Are you getting your chin hardware removed?

This image should help illustrate what it's for

It's so I can have a rubberband configuration like that. I wore that configuration for the first 4 weeks. The screw + hook for the rubberbands is getting removed after 4 months. I'm not getting my chin hardware removed. Hope that answers your questions!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
WAIT YOU ARE f**kING 4 MONTHS POST OP AND YOU'RE NOT EATING ANY f**kING FOOD????

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN? I"VE HEARD FROM EVERY SURGEON 6 WEEKS AND YOU'RE BACK TO SOFT FOODS. DID SOMETHING GO WRONG?

ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR ENERGY LEVELS? HOW LONG AFTER SURGERY WERE YOU ABLE TO WORK NORMALLY 9-5pm????? OR DO YOU FEEL TIRED AND LIKE s**t?

chinnychinchin

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »
Congrats!  Your results look good.
How come you are not eating yet?  Did you have problems or is it to be expected from the big surgical movements you had?
I have to ask:  at this point, are you glad you did it and would you do it again?

Thanks! Oh sorry, I meant to say I'm not on a hard chew diet yet  8) So I'm still able to eat salmon, eggs, etc. I'm definitely alive and well and have gained all my weight loss back. And hell yes I would do it again. Able to breathe 100x better? Check. Memory improvement? Check. Way more energy? Check. But would I dread it? OH HELL YES, it was tough and depressing to the max.

chinnychinchin

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 06:29:14 PM »
WAIT YOU ARE f**kING 4 MONTHS POST OP AND YOU'RE NOT EATING ANY f**kING FOOD????

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN? I"VE HEARD FROM EVERY SURGEON 6 WEEKS AND YOU'RE BACK TO SOFT FOODS. DID SOMETHING GO WRONG?

ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR ENERGY LEVELS? HOW LONG AFTER SURGERY WERE YOU ABLE TO WORK NORMALLY 9-5pm????? OR DO YOU FEEL TIRED AND LIKE s**t?

For me it was like 1 month after the surgery was I able to work a prolonged amount of time. But I think I also heal slower than others. My swelling is still pretty substantial compared to other 4 month post-op pictures I've seen.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »
how much weight have you lost brah?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »
My nerves are on fire! I've regained full sensation of my upper lip and the sides and bottom of my chin. However, my bottom lip and triangular area of my chin are still completely numb. I'm hopeful that it'll return cause the surrounding area has been tingling fiercely with a "pins and needles" feeling but still concerned that it's *still* completely numb. It comes in waves and has been killing me lately and keeping me up at night. Pain meds don't do crap for this type of "pain" so I've just been riding it out.

The swelling has also gone down significantly. I've been taking bromelain, tumeric, and quercetin supplements as well in hopes of speeding up the process. Also been doing my best at drinking at least a gallon of liquids a day. This liquid diet seems to be doing wonders for my skin and hair. I got a masticating juicer and have been starting my mornings with a kale/celery/cucumber/ginger/apple concoction.

I'm going back to Santa Barbara this Tuesday to see the good doctor again. It's my "2 week" appointment and it seems like most patients get cleared for a blended diet at this point. Hopefully I'll be blending my way to happiness when I'm back :) Not sure how much I longer I can drink this Ensure stuff.

do you regret surgery? I'm compiling a list of people who do.

chinnychinchin

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
how much weight have you lost brah?

At its peak it was 20 lb

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »
man your results look awesome!

chinnychinchin

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »
do you regret surgery? I'm compiling a list of people who do.

terry947

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
^ lol

Everything looks good!

crazy how much bigger an airway can get from a small movement.

how are your tmj's functioning? any pain or clicking?