Author Topic: Let's talk about eyes.  (Read 27176 times)

triot

Re: Let's talk about eyes.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 01:12:19 AM »
The supra orbital ridge is a horizontal- forward grown feature. Nearly all people that have this have an acute orbital angle (squint eyes). That's why most models look so good even with a bit of a recessed midface. Actually, if you look at a lot of models, the supra ridge protrudes the most and if they have strong cheekbones; they're set (male and females).

OMG This means after a Lefort 3 (+Chin+ZO+Oto+Cantho+Rhino) I will be good-looking. D:

Oh, and thanks for explaining. :)

triot

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 03:48:02 AM »

Lol! You're kidding right? A lf3 wont guarantee anything... if anything, it just makes you look less abnormal if you have a deficiency.  And the supra orbital ridge has nothing to do with a zo, lf3, etc.  You would need to advance through a very risky osteo (exposing the brain..risk of going blind...) that no sane surgeon would ever offer to do on a decent to normal looking patient.  And even if they did offer; you got 100k or more laying around? If so, find a surgeon who will do it for you and report back.

Lol, no. I meant that my supra orbital ridge seems to be the only thing that's alright and so with a combination of other risky osteotomies, I'll become the model I always deserved to be. :3

But no jk, Model is utopian. :D I think the only thing they'd be willing to do is normal LF I. But, I'll get the other procedures done too.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 03:50:12 AM »
Lol, no. I meant that my supra orbital ridge seems to be the only thing that's alright and so with a combination of other risky osteotomies, I'll become the model I always deserved to be. :3

But no jk, Model is utopian. :D I think the only thing they'd be willing to do is normal LF I. But, I'll get the other procedures done too.

From (hazy) memory, your narrow lower third was the only thing that seemed off.  The other thirds looks fine.

triot

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:06 AM »
From (hazy) memory, your narrow lower third was the only thing that seemed off.  The other thirds looks fine.

Well my middle third kinda isn't. Like it's really flat, Idk. Anyway I want to get the frame right and have the others tooto  make it more pleasant looking. I'm all about the details. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 05:38:47 AM »
This is a super important feature that most people aren't even aware of. A strong supraorbital ridge is the key to those fabled squinty and hooded eyes that pretty much all good looking males have. Unfortunately the options for fixing that don't seem all that great.

I know 2 guys.  One has a rather small skull, but a strong brow ridge, forehead overhanging his eyes, horizontally wide, vertically narrow eyes.  No other outstanding features.  But that feature alone makes him almost handsome (and who knows, he probably was when he was younger). 

The other guy has a very wide big head, big round forehead.  His brow ridge, forehead dominate his eyes.  No other outstanding features (OK, I think he's hiding massive cheekbones under some of that facial fat).  His eyes are quite round and big for a man.  Neither has strong jaws or an ante face.  Both have flat looking infraorbital rims.  But both look good thanks to that one feature - supraorbital rims, forehead.  It can really make a man's face good looking all on its own.  Oh, the only other thing they have in common is a short upper lip.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »
Okay so my eye distance is good? What can be done for suborbital ridge? I have a very strong pronounced brow that comes out quite a bit. So what's wrong? The shape?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 06:19:55 AM »
Okay so my eye distance is good? What can be done for suborbital ridge? I have a very strong pronounced brow that comes out quite a bit. So what's wrong? The shape?

That's normally what you want. Have you posted your pics anywhere?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 06:34:01 AM »
Yeah could someone give me some pics and explain what a good suborbital rim looks like?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 06:40:06 AM »
Yeah could someone give me some pics and explain what a good suborbital rim looks like?

Look at any model (David Gandy for example). You want that hooded look where the upper eyelid doesn't show too much. I can show you a bad pic of myself for comparison.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
Look at any model (David Gandy for example). You want that hooded look where the upper eyelid doesn't show too much. I can show you a bad pic of myself for comparison.

Absolutely is there an operation to achieve this?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
Absolutely is there an operation to achieve this?

Fat grafts or implants. 3D printed implants in particular seem promising. I believe HA is also used.

terry947

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 12:15:42 PM »
My brow ridge is good but my under eye area is s**t so it doesn't really matter. It's how they compliment each other. Also my eyes are horizontally wide but droop in the corners cuz my zygos don't support it.

That's why it's key to have zygos/orbital rims that are closer to the eye ball. This creates the squinty look.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
can't you do a morph for my eyes 27f. You don't really love me.  :'(

PloskoPlus

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »
Fat grafts or implants. 3D printed implants in particular seem promising. I believe HA is also used.
Deschamps-Braly and Ousterhout use MM.  lyopholised cartilage implants by Sailer.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »
Deschamps-Braly and Ousterhout use MM.  lyopholised cartilage implants by Sailer.

what is MM?