Author Topic: Best european surgeon for lowering (downfracture) maxilla  (Read 4719 times)

novakmali

Best european surgeon for lowering (downfracture) maxilla
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
Guys, I would apprrciate your opinion or experience on this subject.

Bobbit

Re: Best european surgeon for lowering (downfracture) maxilla
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
Guys, I would apprrciate your opinion or experience on this subject.

So you have gone from finding a surgeon in Italy - -  to a surgeon anywhere in Europe ?

Consider Obwegeser .    His uncle ( Hugo ?)  invented and/or refined to the current standard of care most of this type of  jaw surgery procedures back in the 1960s and '70s.   

Joachim (sp ?) Obwegeser.   He is known to be very good and has trained a few others who are now doing a lot of jaw surgeries  with reports of some really good  and consistent results.

He is in Switzerland.   (Close to Italy ! )

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 06:25:41 PM »
So you have gone from finding a surgeon in Italy - -  to a surgeon anywhere in Europe ?

Consider Obwegeser .    His uncle ( Hugo ?)  invented and/or refined to the current standard of care most of this type of  jaw surgery procedures back in the 1960s and '70s.   

Joachim (sp ?) Obwegeser.   He is known to be very good and has trained a few others who are now doing a lot of jaw surgeries  with reports of some really good  and consistent results.

He is in Switzerland.   (Close to Italy ! )
I shudder at the thought of his bill for this.

Bobbit

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:35:19 PM »
I shudder at the thought of his bill for this.

Well - -   he  did  actually ask for "Best european surgeon."   Usually someone who fits that description will be expensive.   If he is not the best active jaw surgeon in Europe - -  then he certainly is one of the best.  His Uncle Hugo has been a surgical legend for several decades.  He did learn from him.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 08:41:17 PM »
Well - -   he  did  actually ask for "Best european surgeon."   Usually someone who fits that description will be expensive.   If he is not the best active jaw surgeon in Europe - -  then he certainly is one of the best.  His Uncle Hugo has been a surgical legend for several decades.  He did learn from him.
He does have that amazing lefort iii case, but all the other cases in that paper were hohum.

novakmali

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »
I started this topic, because I wanted to contact those surgeons for opinion..as I mentioned before, I will travel to Italy..pelo responded to my e mail two days after I sent, and stated that he is willing to lower maxilla > 5mm..also mentioned the possibiloty of Surgery first approach, but he wants to see me first...15 000€

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »
I started this topic, because I wanted to contact those surgeons for opinion..as I mentioned before, I will travel to Italy..pelo responded to my e mail two days after I sent, and stated that he is willing to lower maxilla > 5mm..also mentioned the possibiloty of Surgery first approach, but he wants to see me first...15 000€
See multiple surgeons. Ask for their before and afters.  IMO surgery will be a lot more precise when the teeth are fully decompensated y braces first. 

novakmali

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
You could see my pictures from the side, since I have laterognatism too (not sure if I wrote correctly), shouldnt braces restore some facial height by correcting it? I plan to visit italian surgeons (pelo, raffaini and clauseur - last one did not respond yet), to hear their opinions..since it is highly unstable movement, I would probably go with pelo..i am surprised by what guys said about him because he is willing to lower my maxilla just for estetic reasons..ok, very small group of people have such VMD

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »
Advancement increases tooth show too.  You may not need such a big downgraft if you will have advancement as well.

novakmali

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:44:34 PM »
But then I wont get enough facial height..I have already seen people went for advancement and they were very much dissapointed..if I am already taking the risk, why not do it properly
IMO stands for inferior maxilliary op or?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 10:53:25 PM »
But then I wont get enough facial height..I have already seen people went for advancement and they were very much dissapointed..if I am already taking the risk, why not do it properly
IMO stands for inferior maxilliary op or?
Lol, "in my opinion".

novakmali

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
 IMO medicine is s**t..they will treat gummy smile, but what about people like me..i dont show any portion of my upper teeth, people cant even read emotions on my face easily..have short face, always look so sad, i am convinced my deep deep voice is determined by jaws..in conclusion, it is more estetically unpleasant than long face syndrome, and yet there are few surgeons in 21st century that would downgraft maxilla..they can meet at their symposiums and speak highly about their b/a, but none will claim that ruined patients face

novakmali

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 11:54:41 PM »
I agree with you, it was just sth pelo mentioned...i am talking about treatment of short face syndrome..you can find that people in america were op in 90s, that is 20 years ago..i hope pelo can do it

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:01 AM »
IMO medicine is s**t..they will treat gummy smile, but what about people like me..i dont show any portion of my upper teeth, people cant even read emotions on my face easily..have short face, always look so sad, i am convinced my deep deep voice is determined by jaws..in conclusion, it is more estetically unpleasant than long face syndrome, and yet there are few surgeons in 21st century that would downgraft maxilla..they can meet at their symposiums and speak highly about their b/a, but none will claim that ruined patients face
I think you're wrong there.  Many class iiis need downgrafting.

novakmali

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Not funny at all...what is laterognatism