Author Topic: Regenerative Medicine/Medical Breakthroughs  (Read 80586 times)

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Regenerative Medicine/Medical Breakthroughs
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2019, 08:50:45 AM »

yeah but china?

China is still a third world Country in many respects.
I haven't seen a lot of good scientific research coming out of there, and many wealthy Chinese are still sending their kids to study in the U.S.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2019, 10:14:01 AM »

yeah but china?

Is the Chinese government pushing funding in these areas?  If not, there's your answer.  They could get it done if it was a priority.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2019, 12:07:57 PM »
China is still a third world Country in many respects.
I haven't seen a lot of good scientific research coming out of there, and many wealthy Chinese are still sending their kids to study in the U.S.

f**k that's just f**king great. f**king chinese step your game up!!!!!

yeah you're right i keep thinking there's probably some f**king special secret hub of medical advancements but all these cold war countries are f**ked.

gone are the days when Ivan Drago had the latest tech to beat Rocky, russia is a s**thole and so is China probably.

You know where there might be some cool s**t coming from? South Korea since they're so obsessed with looks and plastic surgery.

Come on Korea!!!! Do ya thang!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
This is all so f**king depressing.

I found this article from 2009! Look what they predicted would be the case by 2020!

Here we are at 2020 do we have any of these technologies? Not a single one. f**k science.
Dentists and faggot boomer surgeons just wanna keep plying their medieval trade to fund
their yachts and watch collections. f**k JAW SURGEONS AND DENTISTS AND f**k THE INSTITUTIONS
ENABLING THEM!

https://www.aegisdentalnetwork.com/id/2009/08/transitions-and-changes-between-now-and-year-2020-to-help-shape-future-of-dentistry

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51182451?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR3zwclAqqD37p1UVWA18t50ogEitxfOeqcQaLgG810bvi2vdKSjY8AW4f0&fbclid=IwAR15lE8AhxeQU69qAvUompr8I-zBlMMIdMIIbm0vONu1jhlRiJvH6bs4l4M

yeah once they remove the "may" from such titles i'll have cause to get excited. so many hair, dental, jaw surgery etc. "science news" always ends with "and scientists MAY ONE DAY use this cure x, y, z" f**k science writing. man, science i've realised is the most corrupt game in town!

jusken

• Private
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2020, 05:20:29 PM »

yeah once they remove the "may" from such titles i'll have cause to get excited. so many hair, dental, jaw surgery etc. "science news" always ends with "and scientists MAY ONE DAY use this cure x, y, z" f**k science writing. man, science i've realised is the most corrupt game in town!

Just try not to focus on the sensationalist claims made by publications, they obviously have a vested interest in drawing eyeballs.  Would be cool to have a universal 'cure' for cancers though.

Instead focus on the trends.  Biotech is really gaining traction in many fields, and it isn't unthinkable to see a boom in the next decade.  Human health and longevity is gaining a lot of momentum and is really the next big thing to happen outside of AI (AI itself being one of the missing links in regenerative tech) or renewables, and we've seen a significant splash of startups and massive investments in the field lately.  While the stories remain 'decades away', the technology is changing a lot in exciting ways.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »
Just try not to focus on the sensationalist claims made by publications, they obviously have a vested interest in drawing eyeballs.  Would be cool to have a universal 'cure' for cancers though.

Instead focus on the trends.  Biotech is really gaining traction in many fields, and it isn't unthinkable to see a boom in the next decade.  Human health and longevity is gaining a lot of momentum and is really the next big thing to happen outside of AI (AI itself being one of the missing links in regenerative tech) or renewables, and we've seen a significant splash of startups and massive investments in the field lately.  While the stories remain 'decades away', the technology is changing a lot in exciting ways.

plused 1 you Jusken for your sensible comments

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2020, 01:31:59 AM »
So i didn't think we were this close to it, but it looks like there are some fascinating things very close on the horizon.

Actually I think the technology already exists, but there are so may regulatory hurdles and s**t to go through it may take 3-5 years to actually have this in a clinical setting --which isn't that long.

Most of this has to do with scaffolds that guide bone regeneration and growth and then resorb in the body --so no need for artificial implants.

And then there's also all the work being done on 3D bioprinting bone grafts and implants.

Just one example, this product from this company that is specifically has a product for jaw and maxillofacial surgeries.

https://tissuesys.com/product-and-market-opportunities/

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2020, 09:23:56 PM »
There's some incredible stuff going on with Crispr, DaVinci Surgical, and 3D printing. Many technologies are aligning at the same time. We're probably only 5 years out now.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »
There's some incredible stuff going on with Crispr, DaVinci Surgical, and 3D printing. Many technologies are aligning at the same time. We're probably only 5 years out now.

It's been around 3 years since this statement. Does it look like we are on track to major technologies going to market in Feb 2025?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2023, 01:10:00 PM »
It's been around 3 years since this statement. Does it look like we are on track to major technologies going to market in Feb 2025?

Yes, mostly. Covid set back Davinci quite a bit. The others are on schedule, but I don't know if they will apply to jaw surgery at this point. Probably cutting edge surgeons only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2023, 01:29:30 PM »
Yes, mostly. Covid set back Davinci quite a bit. The others are on schedule, but I don't know if they will apply to jaw surgery at this point. Probably cutting edge surgeons only.

Great to hear! Let's hope that eventually it applies to MaxFac eventually.

When you refer to CRISPR, are you referring to something like Genomic Surgery?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0RIRsUrgNs

And in which context are you talking about 3D printing? Are you talking about it in the context of implants (Silicone, Medpor, PEEK, etc)?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2023, 09:34:42 AM »
Great to hear! Let's hope that eventually it applies to MaxFac eventually.

When you refer to CRISPR, are you referring to something like Genomic Surgery?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0RIRsUrgNs

And in which context are you talking about 3D printing? Are you talking about it in the context of implants (Silicone, Medpor, PEEK, etc)?

Yeah 3D printing implants. With Crispr, I'm hoping we can modify genes before people develop jaw issues. That is the easiest path. But it might be possible to engineer that gene later in life to grow differently, too. That's a lot tougher, but in theory, it could be possible to turn the gene off that fused bone to begin with, and then via either orthodontics or distraction (in conjunction with robotic surgery) perform a more risk free operation. The latter is more speculative, and I think that pushes it out on the curve more further into the future. Maybe 20 years. This is all happening fast, though. AI was a buzz word just 3 years ago, and now Chatgpt is all the rage. And for good reason. These things are always speculative and cutting edge ideas in the offing for decades, and then they hit a critical point where there's a small breakthrough that brings it as a viable solution on a mass scale. We're close to that point on so many technologies from AI, Quantum Computing, 3D printing, Genomics, and even material science (e.g. graphene) that they likely all merge into a huge technological revolution that touches everything, including the issues we're all dealing with.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2023, 09:06:03 AM »
Yeah 3D printing implants. With Crispr, I'm hoping we can modify genes before people develop jaw issues. That is the easiest path. But it might be possible to engineer that gene later in life to grow differently, too. That's a lot tougher, but in theory, it could be possible to turn the gene off that fused bone to begin with, and then via either orthodontics or distraction (in conjunction with robotic surgery) perform a more risk free operation. The latter is more speculative, and I think that pushes it out on the curve more further into the future. Maybe 20 years. This is all happening fast, though. AI was a buzz word just 3 years ago, and now Chatgpt is all the rage. And for good reason. These things are always speculative and cutting edge ideas in the offing for decades, and then they hit a critical point where there's a small breakthrough that brings it as a viable solution on a mass scale. We're close to that point on so many technologies from AI, Quantum Computing, 3D printing, Genomics, and even material science (e.g. graphene) that they likely all merge into a huge technological revolution that touches everything, including the issues we're all dealing with.

Interesting! I hope this comes to fruition and when I'm in my 40s I can finally not look horribly ugly.

Do you mind sharing some keywords of organizations that are working on these (named) innovations / ideas? I'd love to be on the lookout for news and any academic works for these.