Author Topic: my cephalometric  (Read 13091 times)

novakmali

Re: my cephalometric
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »
better??

[attachment deleted by admin]

novakmali

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 04:48:12 AM »
please, slowly understand me what is my problem...our best maxfac said i am symetric and he signed paper??? ortho in croatia said i have bimax protrusion?? i think they are all wrong..HELP

novakmali

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 08:58:16 AM »
why you think I should pull wisdom teeth in upper jaw since I have no 5tooth in upper jaw?

novakmali

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »
does correcting overbite with my braces differ from pre-surgery orth if I decided to go with prof pelo? i mean is difference huge, or it is similliar path?

novakmali

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »
Yes, but i have room in upper jaw since my 5tooth is extracted..surgeon was wrong, in croatia orthognatic surgery is not developed and no one would downgraft maxilla..i am seing two more, but plan to go with prof pelo..i will do what ever he says

novakmali

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 10:22:20 AM »
Lol are you joking? You've never seen the super atypical soft tissue abnormalities from misdeveloped jaws?

OP your right, you have retrusion not bixmaxillary protrusion. It is a rather a severe class II. The vertical deficiency is causing the "squishing" appearance of the lower 1/3rd which is partly why their chin soft tissue is so prominent.

If the jaws are normalized, that'll be reduced but usually in these cases, the chin button is still prominent yet aesthetically pleasing afterwards. Sometimes reduction genioplasty is done.

So, downgrafting maxilla, pre-post orth, what about mandible, i think advancement?

buzzhead

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:46 AM »
does correcting overbite with my braces differ from pre-surgery orth if I decided to go with prof pelo? i mean is difference huge, or it is similliar path?

I had to have de compensation orthodontics for two years prior to surgery.  When younger I had premolars extracted for camouflage treatment of my class 2 bite which only made things worse.  Although I don't think that we should expect perfection from surgery I really think that prior ortho work helps for a better result.

novakmali

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »
In first column is standard value, then is my value, third column is difference, and finally graph

novakmali

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
I think he is referring to dental protrusion.  When there is crowding, the front teeth move forward in the arch pushing the lips forward which can mask jaw position.

OP you are going to need braces to correct your bite issues, upright and align your teeth.  This should change your face quite a lot. It is difficult to see on the picture of the x-ray you posted.  Can you upload an actual image of the x-ray?  It looks like your wisdom tooth is pushing the teeth forward.  I would like to see an upclose picture of your bite from both the front and profile view.

I was reffering to maxilliary retrusion

novakmali

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 11:31:40 PM »
I know that need braces before op to correct my overbite, but cant find surgeon in croatia who will solve my skelet issues..braces alone wont fix my face??
If I get my braces now, and go in spring to prof.Pelo for opinion, can I do some damage? I mean isnt overbite huge?

novakmali

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 01:04:20 AM »
OK, but in one of your earlier posts, you said the ortho said you have bimax protrusion, right?

Am I clear in understanding:
1)  The surgeon said you don't need he is not willing to perform surgery, and
2)  the surgeon referred you to an orthodontist, and
3) the orthodontist said you have bimax protrusion

See, I think you are so focused on the skeletal maxilla that you can't hear them telling you that you have to get the dental maxilla/dental mandible in the correct position.  Did the ortho say you had skeletal bimax protrusion or dental bimax protrusion?  I think they are trying to help you, but are you trying to skip the process of putting your teeth into the correct position first?  The two are so related, you cannot skip the dental part and go straight to the skeletal surgery.

Yes, you understood..but i need clockwise rotation to elongate my face, dont i? No one in cro can help me, so I contacted prof Pelo and plan to see him

novakmali

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 04:02:16 AM »
Novakmali, I understand your frustration.  Many of us fight the same battle because we cannot seem to get a clear answer to our problems.  It seems jaw surgery is an area in which many people get ripped off and disappointed because instead of getting the proper and correct treatment, they end up getting half-ass treatment by a surgeon or dentist or ortho who really does not have the skill set to solve their problems.  Or who "kind of" fixes it, says "good enough," takes their $$ cut and moves the patient along. 

In your case you have many dental issues and what I think needs to be clarified is:
1) Was the surgeon who referred you to an ortho telling you your issues could be solved by braces alone?, and
2) Can the ortho give you a prediction of where you will be after orthodontic treatment? 
3) Does Pelo think you will need surgery?
4) If you choose Pelo as your surgeon will he work with the ortho you were referred to or does he have his own ortho?

The reason you need this clarified is if you need both, the ortho and surgeon must work together as a team with the surgeon calling the shots.  Do you need both?  I simply cannot tell where you will be after your dental issues are corrected.  I wish some of the other forum members would give their opinion. My concern for you is that you may attempt to get a surgery-first solution and if you do you may not end up with the best results. 

See, when your teeth are uprighted, it is going to make a big difference.  Look at the two lines I drew on your ceph.  They are the pretty close to the same length (I free handed so might not be exactly the same length, but close).  Pretend the red line is your original tooth position.  Now, when we shift it back (blue line) look how much height you gain.  This is exaggerated, but illustrates the point.

Now, after understanding just how much difference uprighting your teeth will make, try to grasp where your teeth/bite/jaws will be after all the dental treatment you need is finished. 
You need so much ortho work, I cannot tell if you will need rotation/advancement or not when it is finished.
Ask both the orthodontist you were referred to and ask Pelo when you see him.
This is going to take some time.  Try not to get frustrated.

1.yes, he said, but that is not true, because three ortho told me they cant make my teeth visible since upper jaw did not grew vertically
2.hard
3.pelo said 100% and only surgery will solve my skeletal issues
4.generally, via mail, he said he could work with croat ortho, since i cant go every month to rome

novakmali

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 04:13:29 AM »
I dont have 5tooth in my upper jaw, is it necessary to extract my wisdom tooth?

novakmali

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 04:16:43 AM »
What does it mean I need to correct "the plane"?

novakmali

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 05:11:18 AM »
One big question.. Is it better to straighten the teeth since I have no both 6tooth in my lower jaw, or to make room and put implants? If I plan to do the surgery in 5years, isnt better to straighten the teeth..
I am in doubt:1. To wear braces and correct overbite and to go to Pelo in 2 years
2.to go to pelo first and seek for opinion

Will my face tighten after gwtting braces, i mean will i look so saggy as i look now..i dont have money for op now, so i would rather wear braces and fix my bite..