Author Topic: Revision zygomatic osteotomy: anyone?  (Read 29048 times)

Icy

Re: Revision zygomatic osteotomy: anyone?
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2015, 03:30:05 AM »
Can confirm with a real life example. My boyfriend has a heart-shaped face with extremely horizontally wide and prominent (forward) cheekbones, but they are very apple-y and rounded as opposed to being chiseled. He hates that it makes him look young, but he has no idea what he's complaining about, the lucky thing! The actual size of his facial bones is enormous in comparison to mine, particularly since my jaws are as narrow as they are.

Men have bigger cheekbones than women.  The only reason that it looks otherwise is that women have narrower jaws and use makeup to accentuate the cheekbones.  IOW, men have bigger facial bones period.

Another "apple-cheeked" man is Kirk Douglas.

carlos30

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 08:01:19 AM »
"Yeah but is a feminie treatment on a man necessarily a bad thing?..."

Not at all, IMO. Men usually go for more chiseled, sharpened and edgy look, while feminine features tend to more concentrate on curvy and rounded lines. However, this doesn't mean that such approaches should be reserved based on sex. It's pretty much per-case depended, which means dependency on initial face structure.  At the end it's about harmony, ratios and balance and if this means acquiring feminine features while being a male, well then be it.

triot

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »
If it doesn't look bad, why do you want a revision? If you had weak cheekbones before, this might be better (objectively)