Author Topic: How to determine how many MM's for Sliding Genioplasty?  (Read 12690 times)

needadvancement

Re: How to determine how many MM's for Sliding Genioplasty?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 02:01:40 AM »
Wow this totally removed the bimaxillary protrusion. Crazy. Have you noticed any side effects from wikodontics? Looks like all you need is a genie and you're set. I'm not sure about the exact heights needed but the increase is height is going in the right direction.

You're right. I was looking through old photos and videos and noticed how protrusive my mouth appeared, it doesn't look like that anymore. I think it'll look even better once I finally get the final brackets removed next month.

Did you also get any expansion between the last molars or was it purely in the front. Also did they just basically expand and pull teeth back?

No not the 2 molars in the back, however they do seem to target the entire dental arch in North America so you can probably find a surgeon who can expand everything. And yeah they expanded and then pulled back a bit, for instance I no longer bite on the back of my upper incisors with my lower incisors. I have more space on my palate for my tongue now too. It's a great treatment.

needadvancement

Re: How to determine how many MM's for Sliding Genioplasty?
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »
So I had another talk with my surgeon. When I brought up vertical movement he hesitated and said he doesn't think it will give much of a difference. I think I can convince him though but I really need atleast 8 mm vertical(along with 8mm forward). I would normally go somewhere else but insurance is covering most of the costs on this one and it's booked by the end of this month. I just don't want to deal with yet another long wait and possibly having to pay out of my own pocket.

Do you guys talk with your surgeons through email? I'm thinking of sending him the pictures that were posted in this thread.