Author Topic: Dr. J. Obwegeser  (Read 2746 times)

hellohello

Dr. J. Obwegeser
« on: September 27, 2015, 05:35:49 PM »
Did anyone here consult with the Dr. J. Obwegeser in Switzerland? (Link to his practice: http://drobwegeser.ch/ )

Could be with regard to craniofacial/maxillofacial surgery but apparently also with regard to reconstructive or plastic surgery? If so, what was your experience?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:54:08 PM by hellohello »

hellohello

Re: Dr. J. Obwegeser
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »
Will give this topic a one time bump since I'd really be interested to know. Nota bene: it concerns Dr. Joachim Obwegeser (not his uncle Dr. Hugo Obwegeser, I assume he retired).

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:15:55 AM »
Will give this topic a one time bump since I'd really be interested to know. Nota bene: it concerns Dr. Joachim Obwegeser (not his uncle Dr. Hugo Obwegeser, I assume he retired).

I'm a little confused. Isn't Hugo the "legendary" one who pioneered a large degree of the field? What has Joachim done of note?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Bobbit

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »

Here is the best answer for your question that I can put together:

Joachim was taught and learned how to do the full spectrum of orthognathic jaw surgeries from his pioneer uncle, Hugo, at Hugo's clinic in Zurich.  After Hugo retired,  Joachim continued as the head of his Uncle's orthognathic surgical practice at that clinic for a number of years.  During that time, Joachim was the clinical instructor in orthognathic jaw surgery for a number of European max/fac dentists who have done fellowships at his clinic and for at least one American M.D. surgeon who traveled there and secured one of those rare training slots.

Given that background,  one would reasonably believe that Joachim is at the top or among the top tier of European orthognathic surgeons in terms of training, experience, and capabilities.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »
phantomoftheopera on this forum consulted with Obwegeser. Check his post history and you should be able to find a few posts about Obwegeser.