Author Topic: Slightly loose maxilla after lefort 1  (Read 1743 times)

buzzhead

Slightly loose maxilla after lefort 1
« on: September 05, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »
Today I happened to notice that my upper right maxilla seems to have a slight bit of wriggle movement.  Is this something serious or will it still heal together on its own?  I have an appointment with my surgeon this week to have my splint removed but now I don't know.

PloskoPlus

Re: Slightly loose maxilla after lefort 1
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:39:23 AM »
Today I happened to notice that my upper right maxilla seems to have a slight bit of wriggle movement.  Is this something serious or will it still heal together on its own?  I have an appointment with my surgeon this week to have my splint removed but now I don't know.
This could be serious.  You may need your plates to be fixated again.

buzzhead

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »
I saw my surgeon last week.  He is a bit concerned about the movement.  I have the splint out and am being very very careful not to do anything with my upper jaw. No clenching, tongue touching, nothing. Even when I talk I am being careful to try not using my tongue against my upper teeth.  I am even sleeping with tissue stuffed in my nostrils so that I will not close my mouth and possibly clench in my sleep lol.  He said that he might have to re plate and re graft if things don't tighten up.  The thought of going back into surgery is not something that I want to do.  If I don't have to have that awful splint to contend with I think that I can continue longer on the liquid diet. :o

Tom2

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:47:48 AM »
What movement was made in your maxilla?  Was part of it downward?

I hated the splint.  Awful thing.

I made of mix of:

weight gainer from GNC
Ice cream
Milk

to help with getting calories while using the splint and it tasted good.

buzzhead

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »
 ;D Good news.  Had a check up with my surgeon and maxilla seems to have finally firmed up.  He wants me to continue with liquid diet for another week before easing into soft foods.  I am probably going to sound a bit daffy but I have really adapted to my liquid diet.  I am eating way healthier than when I could chew since I am more careful at what I process with my Nutra Bullet food processor.  Plus I don't grab junk food because it takes a little effort to process so I don't bother.  I lost over twenty pounds and do not want to put it back on.

For Tom2, my maxilla was brought forward 9 mm and down grafted 5 mm.  I am really happy with my being able to breathe better and in having much more tooth show.  It may not be a big deal for anyone else that looks at me but it is a big deal to me when I look at myself.  That's what matters. ;D