Author Topic: Getting Chin Wing Osteotomy, need advice  (Read 4679 times)

Jay4896

Getting Chin Wing Osteotomy, need advice
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
So I emailed Dr Zarinbal, Dr Triaca and Dr Brusco about getting a chin wing osteotomy and got a response from all of them. I have to get a 3d X-ray and send them the pictures. I'm 99% sure I'll be able to get it unless there's a nerve there that won't allow me to.
I pretty much saved money up for the surgery but I'm not sure if it's enough. So my question was has anyone on the forum had direct consultations and called them and know anything about the prices/price differences between these surgeons ? I'm from Canada. Anyone one with real advice or knowledge on it, I'd be willing to pm them some before and after pictures once I get the actual surgery done so maybe if they want to get the same surgery they'll have a rough idea of what to expect or what kind of results are possible for them in their own case.
 I got all my information about this procedure and what surgeons to contact off this site anyway, lol .. So I'm assuming some of you have info on this.Thanks !!

LeFort 3000

Re: Getting Chin Wing Osteotomy, need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
chin wing with zarrinbal costs ~6500€, not including hospital fees which is about 140€ a day.
triaca and brusco costs roughly the double of that. i think it costs about 15000€...maybe little less or more. thats the last information i got about that so im not entirely sure.but its definitely more expensive in switzerland. but the price of zarrinbal im certain is accurate because i got first hand information on that

swisser

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 05:31:21 AM »
All in all the 15'000 EUR sounds about right.

I think there's really no reason not go with Z if you don't live in Zurich anyway or are a very special case.

louley

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm very interested with this subject cause I will have surgery chin wing. So for answering Jay4986, I have emailed Dr Triarca, and Yes, its about 15000 €.

Jay4896

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
chin wing with zarrinbal costs ~6500€, not including hospital fees which is about 140€ a day.
triaca and brusco costs roughly the double of that. i think it costs about 15000€...maybe little less or more. thats the last information i got about that so im not entirely sure.but its definitely more expensive in switzerland. but the price of zarrinbal im certain is accurate because i got first hand information on that

Thanks for that. I'm not even going to bother responding to triaca and brusco. Those prices are a little too goofy in comparison to zarinbal especially if you convert Canadian dollars to Euro, lol.

mike888miller

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47:13 AM »
the hospital costs are a killer with the swiss docs, i wonder if there is a difference between triaca and brosco?

am looking at the same procedure, what have people been told with regards to degree of advancement of lower jaw? assuming that the position of the nerve is favourable, i hear that 1cm is pushing it, which results in around .8cm of visible change. interested if others have heard similar?

Jay4896

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
the hospital costs are a killer with the swiss docs, i wonder if there is a difference between triaca and brosco?

am looking at the same procedure, what have people been told with regards to degree of advancement of lower jaw? assuming that the position of the nerve is favourable, i hear that 1cm is pushing it, which results in around .8cm of visible change. interested if others have heard similar?

I think it depends on what kind of base you have and the shape of your chin. The people that probably get the best results don't have non existent chins to begin with