Author Topic: Just got my braces on!  (Read 879 times)

Grinanbearit

Just got my braces on!
« on: December 12, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
Hello!  This is my first post, so I apologize in advance.  ;D  Last Tuesday I got my braces on.  It's my first step in the jaw surgery journey, and I am so excited for what is to come! I need upper (maxillary hyperplasia) and lower jaw surgery for an overbite.  I soonest I could get in with the oral surgeon to have my lower bicuspids removed is Jan 7th 2016, so I only have a partial archwire on my bottom front teeth for now.  It has been torturous eating the last few days, but I have finally graduated from soup and applesauce to string cheese and noodles!  I honestly can't wait for them to pull the bicuspids so I have room for these other teeth to go. I can barely get floss in between my bottom teeth now that the crowded ones are on the move.  How long does it take for the initial pain to subside after braces go on?

chinnychinchin

Re: Just got my braces on!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »
Highly recommend getting a Waterpik for the braces :) For me, it was only painful for a week but I've had braces before. Good luck on your journey!

JawKid7

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
when I got braces on I was eating soft food for a week!
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

Grinanbearit

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »
Thanks guys! You called it, it is now a week and a day after getting braces, and the pain has subsided other than when I try to chew something hard, like small pieces of pizza crust or carrot shavings.  I also will be getting a Waterpik this weekend. At first I thought I could get away with not having one, but it is pretty frustrating getting all of the gunk out from my braces and teeth.  ::)