Author Topic: I AM CONSIDERING A LEFORT 3  (Read 5816 times)

SKV

I AM CONSIDERING A LEFORT 3
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:13:19 PM »
Hello I am a 19 yo living in the US and I am considering a modified Lefort 3 as well as BSSO and zygomatic implants. I will also require SARPE to make my teeth align.

Please tell me if this is the best option in my case

Money is no object as I have a 100k budget on these surgeries

I have consulted with some orthos and maxfacs (Sinn and Gunson) and they haven't opposed my plans

I have an Underbite and a very narrow palate

Shoot!

age 3 or 4:

As you can tell I had a rather bad puberty and am trying to make up for it with these surgeries.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 04:47:16 PM by GJ »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: I AM CONSIDERING A LEFORT 3
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »
Dude you'll be fine. You have a good base, good quality teeth overall. Sarpe, bi-max, lefort three sounds good.

Who proposed the zygomatic implants? Sinn? I've consulted with Sinn and the way I understood it, the modified lefort 3 would take care of that area? Am I wrong?

SKV

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:44 PM »
Dude you'll be fine. You have a good base, good quality teeth overall. Sarpe, bi-max, lefort three sounds good.

Who proposed the zygomatic implants? Sinn? I've consulted with Sinn and the way I understood it, the modified lefort 3 would take care of that area? Am I wrong?

No I think you are correct about the implants. That was something I thought of on my own but I will discard that idea.

Can you give some opinions on why you think I need such an invasive surgery as a Lefort 3?

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »
Why on earth are you considering a lefort 3?  You look so normal and handsome to me.  Getting the bite fixed with braces and perhaps conventional upper/lower jaw surgery should do the trick.

SKV

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:34:43 PM »
Why on earth are you considering a lefort 3?  You look so normal and handsome to me.  Getting the bite fixed with braces and perhaps conventional upper/lower jaw surgery should do the trick.

Maybe you're right...

JawKid7

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 04:22:24 AM »
lefort 3 is f**king crazy and u don't need it
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

terry947

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:53 AM »
Dude you do not need a lefort 3. Tbh it just looks like you need braces to align your teeth.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:48:24 AM »
Dude you don't even have a negative orbital vector so idk who the hell would perform a le fort III....

01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rico

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 03:52:03 AM »
too much risk in your case... you have no idea how tricky is to achieve good orbital volume

Rico

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 06:26:42 PM »
recovering very fast, almost no swelling.
about nerve do not know. slight occasionall tingling

about orbital volume First of all, IMO do not trust a surgoen who does not make orbital volume changing calculations

You can imagine orbit as a cube or cylinder. If you move one wall then volume is gonna change

so, too big orbital volume = too much space for an eye and it's gonna collapse

simple mechanism

A surgeon has to find optimum between good orbital volume and good bone profile. It's impossible without proper pre-surgery calculations.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:14:35 PM by Rico :) »

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:53 PM »
You are NOT mature enough to be considering these procedures. Do yourself a HUGE favor and wait until your late 20s. You could still get another growth spurt even! I got one around your age and then a small one a few years later. For now, I say have a orthodontist or surgeon do a CBCT and check the palatal suture for ossification. You could still be a good candidate. My only caution about orthodontics, don't let an orthodontist move those teeth without checking the CBCT first. You don't want camouflage orthodontics at such a young age.

Rico

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
hopefuly my orbital volume is OK. I was in panic due to some issues about  I used not to have idea.

I starts to think my surgery was quite OK and my surgeon is very good.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:17:00 PM by Rico :) »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »
Also: Lefort I? What am I not seeing what you guys are seeing. Which surgeons perform a Lefort I on a guy looking like this? Thought most would want to see at least a bit of recession but I'm probably wrong if this guy can get a Lefort I.
Bite looks class III.