Author Topic: Regret Sliding Genioplasty--Thoughts? (pics)  (Read 2981 times)

marcus3415

Regret Sliding Genioplasty--Thoughts? (pics)
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
Hi all. Originally posted in another category.

In May 2015 I had double jaw surgery with setback and advancement of top jaw. The procedure went pretty smoothly and was (supposedly) done with one of the world's top surgeons.

I believe the advancement genioplasty done to correct my profile (for which I paid an extra $2k) was overdone. I don't regret the decision to do through with it because my profile would have been week after setback, but I am really upset at how much the surgeon brought it forward. It feels unnatural, exceedingly "strong" and the lower 1/3rd of my face is just strange in my opinion. I don't know if it's due to my still flat midface or what.

My face is more prognathic now than it was with my underbite.

http://imgur.com/a/Xkmwk

Please let me know what you all think. I have an appointment with the surgeon soon, where I will discuss my thoughts and concerns.

These thoughts have had an unpleasant psychological effect on me. It's really hard after I really expected fantastic aesthetic results.

deyapretty

Re: Regret Sliding Genioplasty--Thoughts? (pics)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:13:27 AM »
I think your profile looks good. Kind of like a Greek character from ancient mythology lol.
It may be a little "strong" but it doesn't look disadvantageous.

From the front face your smile doesn't look symmetric though don't know how it looked before.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »
you look good. stop worrying about it.

ForeverDet

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 05:32:23 PM »
It's a little more projected than "ideal" probably but it's not overcorrected and looks f**king great. Plenty of good looking dudes have chin's that are a bit stronger than average, just as plenty have chin's that are a bit weaker than average.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 05:04:50 AM »
Is this a joke? Your chin position is IDEAL for a male
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
looks pretty good, man. I'm jelly

kjohnt

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 11:35:04 PM »
Man you've had about a dozen people on here in separate threads tell you it looks good.  Maybe your sloped forehead is really what you're seeing, IDK.  That's what I noticed.  Sometimes people see something off but fixate on the wrong subject.  E.g. a common one with retrusive mandible or chin is thinking the nose is too large.

You aren't going to be happy by f**king with your chin again.  It's good now; you'll end up making it worse.

marcus3415

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »
I appreciate all the comments. Maybe my mind was in the wrong place. I'll just be thankful then :)

Thanks everyone