Author Topic: Sliding Genioplasty Swelling  (Read 11696 times)

Bobbit

Re: Sliding Genioplasty Swelling
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
@ ForeverDet, I found a front view of that patient on the website of the surgeon, pretty sure he's the one all the way on the bottom:
http://www.drwittenberg.com/photo-gallery/chin-gallery.html

Here's the surgeon's lower jaw surgery results, the guy is not listed here:
http://www.drwittenberg.com/photo-gallery/low-jaw-gallery.html

So guess we'll have to take his word for it, it was a mere SG along with jaw implants. Never seen a better camouflage result than that.

This surgeon seems to have a particular skill to alter the lower lip with just SG's.
From the second link.

And listen to this:
And he has proven it. I wish I could get my SG surgery with this surgeon. That's some serious skill to take such a simple procedure and accomplish a lot more with it.

I think you should be a little careful in your evaluation of the before and afters from that web site.

A lot of pictures are listed under genioplasties - - and therefore leaves the strong impression that they are from SG surgery and only SG surgery.

But a number of the same alleged "SG" patients are also shown under the series of pictures associated with lower jaw surgery  :(

So it is rather strongly misleading to the prospective patient as to what can be done with an SG - -  alone - - without the lower mandible surgery.

I suspect the really good surgeons just don't do that kind of stuff.

my  0.02 worth

needadvancement

Re: Sliding Genioplasty Swelling
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
I think you should be a little careful in your evaluation of the before and afters from that web site.

A lot of pictures are listed under genioplasties - - and therefore leaves the strong impression that they are from SG surgery and only SG surgery.

But a number of the same alleged "SG" patients are also shown under the series of pictures associated with lower jaw surgery  :(

So it is rather strongly misleading to the prospective patient as to what can be done with an SG - -  alone - - without the lower mandible surgery.

I suspect the really good surgeons just don't do that kind of stuff.

my  0.02 worth

I had my suspicions but the thing is, they would have had to make the same exact mistake twice. both on their own website as well as on Realself. That's too unlikely imo so it's either true or they are lying.