Author Topic: CHING WING AFTER BSSO  (Read 9414 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: CHING WING AFTER BSSO
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28:21 PM »
How long would I have to wait after double jaw surgery to have a chin wing?

12 months
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 11:29:44 PM »
Isn't these two things the same?

Bone grafting is taking bone graft from the hip and using it to add boney volume to the chin. I guess this solidifies and is replaced by bone over time. Seems stable after the one month period.

Chin visor is an osteotomy that takes a block of bone from the labiomental fold region and advances it forward - then probably has some bone grafting on top to smoothen things out.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

MaxilloMandibular

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »
12 months

Thanks.

Do any surgeons other than Triaca perform the chin visor osteotomy? Zarrinbal maybe?

mike888miller

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
the visor sur to fill up the gap to avoid the fold increasing is filled at the same time the wing is done, no need to wait, doctor already has you cut open and can use the hip graft.

optimist, i lost your skype contact and had to heal up from a breaking my leg in a motorcyle crash so was not focussing on my jaw, but am now back on it asap.

the chin wing trio, unfortunatly, will try to tell you that it has almost no limits, which to me is surprise at they all also do bi max surgeries..