Author Topic: Paul Johnson Surgery  (Read 3712 times)

Vic

Paul Johnson Surgery
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:36 AM »
I was booked in to have a consult with ArnettGunson next month, but decided to go and see Paul Johnson in Surrey UK and compare the two.
Paul pretty much said he can do everything I wanted done to fix my bi-max protrusion and long mandible. He's going to do a Segmental Maxillary Osteotomy and Mandibular Setback with a Sliding Genioplasty. He quoted me £15k all-in for Surgery, Private Hospital care, anaesthetist, medication and all follow up. Which seems really good value

He showed me pics of the surgery cases which he had done previously with the same condition as mine and the outcome's extremely good, so I've decided to go with Paul and cancel my consultation with ArnettGunson

Vic

Re: Paul Johnson Surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »
Don't get me wrong, if I lived in the States I would defo be going with ArnettGunson but Paul is only a couple hours drive from me, so it makes sense to go with him if he's able and proven to provide the results I want.

kjohnt

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »
I was booked in to have a consult with ArnettGunson next month, but decided to go and see Paul Johnson in Surrey UK and compare the two.
Paul pretty much said he can do everything I wanted done to fix my bi-max protrusion and long mandible. He's going to do a Segmental Maxillary Osteotomy and Mandibular Setback with a Sliding Genioplasty. He quoted me £15k all-in for Surgery, Private Hospital care, anaesthetist, medication and all follow up. Which seems really good value

He showed me pics of the surgery cases which he had done previously with the same condition as mine and the outcome's extremely good, so I've decided to go with Paul and cancel my consultation with ArnettGunson

Do you have cephs or CT scans of your profile by chance?

Lostfaith

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »
Did you have he surgery with Paul Johnson ?

Vic

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
No, I changed my mind and I'm now going with Dr Z in August.

Purist

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »
Vic, any reason you decided against Paul?

Vic

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:34 AM »
I just felt Dr Z will provide a closer outcome to what I want, especially with the chin wing which Paul J doesn't do. And for the amount of money I was going to pay I didn't want to have any regrets after and not to be happy with outcome. Paul J is really conservative  with his movements, and I wanted some larger movements than he was going to do.

Purist

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
I was thinking about seeing Paul but I require a lot of movement ...

Vic

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
Paul J doesn't do Chin Wings, so the movement was't in relation to that osteotomy. What was the movements that Dr Z move you chin forward and mandible angle down?

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »
I just felt Dr Z will provide a closer outcome to what I want, especially with the chin wing which Paul J doesn't do. And for the amount of money I was going to pay I didn't want to have any regrets after and not to be happy with outcome. Paul J is really conservative  with his movements, and I wanted some larger movements than he was going to do.

So Vic you are getting double jaw surgery, a genio, and a chin wing?  Im a little confused. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Vic

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »
It's most likely going to be a segmental osteotomy and a side wing. I'm seeing Dr Z next week to make final plans.