Author Topic: asymmetric *JAW* baffling my mind  (Read 3044 times)

mctonkt

asymmetric *JAW* baffling my mind
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »
Greetings,

I had this issue since i can remember. My right side of the jaw is more prominent then my left side. I have uploaded a picture for you to see. However, on the picture its not that bad but in real life everyone can spot it. I'm not sure why did that happen to my jaw. But when i was around 10 years old i had 2 of my permanent teeth removed, the doctor told me that my teeth are too big for my mouth and they will cause problems down the line. So if we remove them now i will have more space for future teeth growth and wisdom teeth growth. I was also wearing braces at that time. Can that be the cause of my jaw deformation? Or is it genetic? I really wanna fix it if its possible.

Thank you in advance! If you need more pictures to have a better look of my jaw i will post them here! Thank you again!

Kind regards!

[attachment deleted by admin]

CandyApple

Re: asymmetric *JAW* baffling my mind
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
I am having the same issue after a lower tooth extraction.  I can't get a bridge or implant put in until after my braces. Its been over a year since I had a tooth there because the first implant was removed 3 days later from them hitting my nerve.  Fast forward to today and that side of my face with the lost tooth seams to be atrophying (shrinking) So if you only had teeth removed from the smaller side that could be the cause.  I would ask a dentist about it.  you could also get fillers if you want to plump it up the match the other side.

terry947

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »
When you squeeze your jaw do you feel the difference is  more muscular or boney. A pano ceph would be the best thing to judge this.

Vic

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:44:21 AM »
Greetings,

I had this issue since i can remember. My right side of the jaw is more prominent then my left side. I have uploaded a picture for you to see. However, on the picture its not that bad but in real life everyone can spot it. I'm not sure why did that happen to my jaw. But when i was around 10 years old i had 2 of my permanent teeth removed, the doctor told me that my teeth are too big for my mouth and they will cause problems down the line. So if we remove them now i will have more space for future teeth growth and wisdom teeth growth. I was also wearing braces at that time. Can that be the cause of my jaw deformation? Or is it genetic? I really wanna fix it if its possible.

Thank you in advance! If you need more pictures to have a better look of my jaw i will post them here! Thank you again!

Kind regards!

Is it the jaw muscle or the mandible that's actually causing the protrusion? If it's the jaw muscle then you can get botox injected into it, to reduce it down.

smirnoff

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 09:31:06 AM »
If soft tissue, then try to change your chewing and chew the food on the "weak" side for a while, then go 50/50 when eating. Otherwise would a mandible implant be perfect for you, you got a great structure to build on.

strongjawman

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:52 PM »
I have a similar issue, except my chine deviates to the left, as does bit bite slightly, so the lower half of my face is slightly crooked.

I've been told by one surgeon that I will need to advance the left mandible, bring back the right, and perhaps have a sliding genio to straighten my chin.

Your midline looks pretty good. Find out if it is soft tissue or the jaw itself.

mctonkt

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 08:41:16 AM »
Thank you for the replies, guys!

No, actually the mandible on both sides are different. The bone on the right side is a lot bigger then the left one. If i touch my jaw with my hands, i can instantly feel the big difference in the bone. When i squeeze my jaw there is a significant difference between the muscles on either side. But i think since the bone on the right side is so much bigger, more muscle will be connected to it.

Here is a picture i found on the internet, the area where it says Angle 25% is the area where my bone differs. This part is a lot bigger on the right side of my jaw.
Also i included 3 more pictures, the right and left profile of my face, you can see the bone difference more clearly that way.

Thank you for the answers!

Kind regards!

thinkingme

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »
i havent one wisdom teeth ( ihave only 3 i have never 4) my right lower jaw no wisdom. i have so little asymmetri my rigth sight a little prominent

strongjawman

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
lol jaw of the gods on the right side.

Yeah, your right side is definitely more developed. Which teeth did you have extracted?

Your best bet is to consult with an orthognathic surgeon, they will be able to give you treatment options.

If you do get treatment, please stay active here, I would be curious to know what the plan of action is!

thinkingme

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
but ur both jaws good one by one.

mctonkt

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Thank you haha,

I will upload a picture i found on the net, where it says third molar lower teeth, those were the teeth that i got removed when i was really young. I'm not qualified in this field so i might be making a mistake about the name of the teeth. The teeth were at the back of my mouth, right where the melted jaw is. The funny thing is that i got them removed from both sides of the mouth. So i got 2 teeth missing, but only one side melted. I will go to orthognathic surgeon, i just wanted to see others people opinion.
And for which Im highly grateful. Thank you!

Kind Regards

P.S. I will stay active on this forum, however i live in a different country now. I'm going back home in a few months and i will first go to the surgeon that took out my teeth and did everything about my braces that i wore for 3 years. I will see what his advice is and then consult with some other doctors before i initiate action.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
Wisdom teeth don't count.

mctonkt

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »
What do you mean by wisdom teeth don't count. I was really young i had no wisdom teeth. I think the name of those teeth in English is molar teeth. However, i also said i might be mistaking the name (because English isn't my first language), but their location was right at the back of the mouth on the lower jaw. I got 2 removed.