Surgeon Information > Surgeon Reviews and Leads

New York surgeons?

(1/4) > >>

tdawg:
Anybody know of any reputable surgeons that do genioplastys in the new york area?

neferkitti:
There's always Dr.Zide. I cannot vouch for his expertise personally, however. Have only emailed a few times and had one or two phone conversations. He has written a fair number of journal articles on genio that might interest you. Just a heads up, though, he's quite the character.

tdawg:
Any idea what he charges? Since he seems to be an expert I am assuming he might charge more than the average rate.

tdawg:
Well he doesnt have a good internet reputation. And to be 100% honest, most of the results on his website look fairly unnatural.

There has to be somebody in the New York area who is both awesome and sane, right?

Edit: After doing more research, it seems like there are some credible individuals that think very highly of Dr. Zide. I wonder if all the bad reviews are by one bitter client who had unrealistic expectations? One of Dr. Zide's article's is about the genioplasty that I suspect would be best for me, the jumping genioplasty where they reduce the vertical height at the same time as increasing horizontal projection.

neferkitti:

--- Quote from: tdawg on May 30, 2012, 07:58:10 PM ---Well he doesnt have a good internet reputation. And to be 100% honest, most of the results on his website look fairly unnatural.

There has to be somebody in the New York area who is both awesome and sane, right?

--- End quote ---

I was surprised that he posted some of those photos on his site. Are these indicative of typical outcomes?  Dont know. It was a good reality check in terms of potential drawbacks. I contacted him to pick his brain, since he had written many articles on the subject. I was seeking a reduction, which is much trickier than augmentation. Yeah, he has a reputation on the web for his abrasiveness and arrogance. A lot do not like this about him. I liked him immediately, but I care less about bedside manner. I was trying to find solid info, and he was helpful and nice, just very high-strung.

I'm sure there are more "sane" surgeons in NY. Just know of the one, unfortunately. Is Boston too far?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version