Author Topic: Jaw Implants VS Jaw Surgery VS Nothing? Help please look at my pics  (Read 1392 times)

Jobra

Hello,

I am at a crossroads. I need to know which surgery is bet fit for me. I am torn between ramus implants + Genioplasty and BSSO + Genio. I have the funds but it seems like there are so many risks to each surgery that the best option is not get anything whatsoever. Please look at my pics attached.

I am seeking longer ramus projection vertically and slight horizontal projection of the chin, just to reach my lips and make it even.

Please let me know what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thinkingme

Re: Jaw Implants VS Jaw Surgery VS Nothing? Help please look at my pics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »
I think ur jawline is good. Not perfect maybe still good.but if i were u i wont go anything. It seems ur bite and jawline good.

geijutsu

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »
If you would like to add ramus length coupled with more chin projection, then chin wing is the procedure for you. Having said that, I think your jawlime looks great as is.

Jobra

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
Why do you say I'm here for attention? Why would I come to a jaw surgery forum if I didn't have any intentions to begin with?

kjohnt

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 07:14:27 PM »
I'd get a ceph and look at your occlusal plane.  I speculate that you could use mild CCW rotation which would allow the mandible to swing further forward.  This would bring your chin up and out and give more ramus projection relative to the rest of the mandible because your mandibular plane would also become flatter along with your occlusal plane.  Then the BSSO to fill in any overjet created by the rotation.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »
My jaw looks a bit similar in profile, I've been thinking about getting a chin wing to move it forward and increase ramus but I'm concerned it might increase my chin height which is propotional atm.

Any input?