Author Topic: Do I have recessed maxilla, recessed lower jaw and weak chin?  (Read 5095 times)

jawbbd

Do I have recessed maxilla, recessed lower jaw and weak chin?
« on: January 15, 2016, 10:45:20 AM »
I suffer from bdd from many years. I see my chin and lower jaw extremely weak and my profile appear to me really hideous with also recessed maxilla.

My occlusion teeth are ok (I class occlusion teeth) but i see my lower jaw weak in compare with upper jaw (maxilla). And my maxilla appears to me retruded than the browridge.

I'm also overweight, there are two pictures of my profile completely relaxed, one is original, other is modified by photoshop (the profile that I like very much).

My problem is only the double chin caused by overweight or I've skeletal issues and I need jaw surgery?

sorry for my bad english I'm not from U.S.A. and U.K.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:47:02 PM by jawbbd »

jawbbd

Re: Do I have recessed maxilla, recessed lower jaw and weak chin?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »
other side profile, in this photo my profile appear better than in other picture...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:47:14 PM by jawbbd »

thinkingme

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
If only look jaw and chins i think its overweight.  where are you from ur profile similar to my country profile.

jawbbd

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 12:22:04 PM »
I'm from Italy

kjohnt

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:37:53 PM »
You need a ceph xray done.  This will help you see things more clearly.  But based on your pictures, it appears a class II profile.  Some things:

1) I can't tell about maxillary deficiency.  How is your bite?  Did you ever have braces?
2) Your mandible is retrusive and BSSO would be needed to move it forward.  There are much worse cases, but mine is like yours, and that's why I'm here.
3) Sliding genioplasty for the chin would also probably be indicated, but not sure
4) Perhaps more than anything, you need to lose excess body fat to lean out your face.  Do not underestimate the importance of this.  It would also help to better see your skeletal deficiencies.

jawbbd

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:39:01 PM »
You need a ceph xray done.  This will help you see things more clearly.  But based on your pictures, it appears a class II profile.  Some things:

1) I can't tell about maxillary deficiency.  How is your bite?  Did you ever have braces?
2) Your mandible is retrusive and BSSO would be needed to move it forward.  There are much worse cases, but mine is like yours, and that's why I'm here.
3) Sliding genioplasty for the chin would also probably be indicated, but not sure
4) Perhaps more than anything, you need to lose excess body fat to lean out your face.  Do not underestimate the importance of this.  It would also help to better see your skeletal deficiencies.

I had braces when i was 11. Nothing at the time tell me that i've skeletal class ii. My molar and canine teeth class now is i without extraction. My bite is average. For my orthodontist I don't have skeletal issue I'm only overweight. No suffer of jaw pain and Tmj disorder.

kjohnt

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:02 AM »
I had braces when i was 11. Nothing at the time tell me that i've skeletal class ii. My molar and canine teeth class now is i without extraction. My bite is average. For my orthodontist I don't have skeletal issue I'm only overweight. No suffer of jaw pain and Tmj disorder.

Did you wear headgear with your braces? 

In any case, it doesn't matter because you've answered my question in that your bite is aligned, which means given your convex profile, you'd need both jaws advanced if getting jaw advancement, not just the mandible. 

But I could also be wrong about jaw advancement at all and it might be something that can be fixed with a sliding genioplasty alone.  That second picture seems to show decent mandibular length, so it could be just the chin that's the issue.

You need to talk with a good maxillofacial/orthognathic surgeon to get an adequate diagnosis of your jaw structure.  Orthodontists are only concerned with teeth.

jawbbd

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 04:43:10 AM »
Did you wear headgear with your braces? 

In any case, it doesn't matter because you've answered my question in that your bite is aligned, which means given your convex profile, you'd need both jaws advanced if getting jaw advancement, not just the mandible. 

But I could also be wrong about jaw advancement at all and it might be something that can be fixed with a sliding genioplasty alone.  That second picture seems to show decent mandibular length, so it could be just the chin that's the issue.

You need to talk with a good maxillofacial/orthognathic surgeon to get an adequate diagnosis of your jaw structure.  Orthodontists are only concerned with teeth.

I talk with two maxillofacial surgeons, both tell me that I just need to lose weight and only doing a liposuction of the double chin if it were to remain excess fat under the chin. I also showed them the modified profile picture that I posted here my and they argue that a modified profile like that is not balanced for my features and structure. Finger trap test profile in my second picture according to the surgeons suggests that my profile is balanced but I'm not sure of this (body dysmporphic disorder).

TMKA

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 09:01:42 AM »
It appears in picture # 1 that you have a recessed mandible. It doesn't look as bad in picture #3. The upper jaw looks fine. Are you top teeth tilted backwards? If so, that would explain your bite being normal but it looking like a class 2.

jawbbd

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
It appears in picture # 1 that you have a recessed mandible. It doesn't look as bad in picture #3. The upper jaw looks fine. Are you top teeth tilted backwards? If so, that would explain your bite being normal but it looking like a class 2.

Mmh no, I don't think that my top teeth are tilted backwards, now posting other pictures of my teeth occlusion from various side, two profile photos in relaxed position and other two profile photos when i'm pushing lower jaw forward to simulate an underbite. Plus I posted a photo of profile that I like me and no has protruding lower jaw, if my lower jaw is similar to this guy I'll not make any surgery.

Teeth occlusion pictures on this post.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:48:25 PM by jawbbd »

jawbbd

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
profile relaxed jaw pictures + profile push forwarding lower jaw simulated an underbite pictures + profile of a man that I like it and if my lower jaw is similar to this I will not make surgery.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:48:43 PM by jawbbd »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 04:12:07 PM »
Lose weight.

marcus3415

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 04:28:59 PM »
I think you look fine. Lose a few pounds and it will greatly impact your face.

BDD is also serious. Consult with a psychologist if it negatively impacts your life.

jawbbd

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 09:11:54 AM »
I think you look fine. Lose a few pounds and it will greatly impact your face.

BDD is also serious. Consult with a psychologist if it negatively impacts your life.

Yes I know that BDD is serious problem, I'll return to therapist in these days.