Author Topic: My cephalogram confuses me  (Read 1042 times)

qwerty444

My cephalogram confuses me
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:15:16 AM »
My knowledge of maxillofacial issues is obviously not adequate enough to comprehend it on my own, but i feel there's something off with my facial features. I was in braces for deep bite for over 4 years so this was taken a year after the finish of ortodontic work. Still, i get a feeling that my maxilla is recessed, especially considering decreased upper teeth show when smiling.
Im also wondering, whats the cause of my prominant nose;  recessed maxilla or large anterion nasal spine?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:27:36 PM by qwerty444 »

Eugae93

Re: My cephalogram confuses me
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:22 AM »
Keep in mind that me neither do I have the adequate knowledge to comprehend it, let alone the knowledge of a professional orthodontists/surgeon, I surely don't have it..
But I still could give you my opinion, the best way you could understand it should be, comparing it... if you have got an old cephalogram of your childhood/teens in which your nose was little or less prominent, it would make the recession issue very clear, and would be the best thing....
If you don't have it I would suggest you to go to a dentist and expose your enquiry..
otherwise you could try to see some cephalogram of somebody else for comparing it... Also you could compare it to somebody of your family if you mind it.. since they have a your genes and probably a similiar structure it might give you some idea of your situation.
Hope it helps