Author Topic: Chronic/permanent swelling  (Read 895 times)

berback

Chronic/permanent swelling
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
Read about a girl that complained about swollen lower cheeks 1,5 years after osteotomy. Or: permanent fat lower cheeks. This is not the first time I read something like this after osteotomy surgery. A surgeon talked about chronic/permanent swelling some patients have after bimax surgery. Is this a real concern: do some people here have chronic swelling after osteotomies?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:11:57 PM by Ilovethemoon »

Rico

Re: Chronic/permanent swelling
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »
yes it's possible due to metals... in such situation should be removed

Rico

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »
for sure it was only osteotomy ?

hmmm no good union and all you have in sinus gets to the skin ? it depends where the bone was cut

many options

Rico

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 01:03:29 PM »
no no i thought she / he had cheek osteotomy.  cheek partially is a maxilary bone, behind it the sinus
I just imagined, that the maxillary bone has some no healed fragment, little gap / hole and some bacteria and viruses get into skin

but it's probably almost not possible

i think the only one thing which can make constant swelling is foreign object, which must be removed in such case

other possible option... just nervous reaction ;)

i do not know... you say it's not so rare.. so it's strange. I could believe if it was very rare..ahh
i got one thing

perhaps if you have bad reaction to plates, then after removing you have still allergens in your skin / fat.. The body must to dissolve it which may take several weeks  I see this in that way.