Author Topic: Ceph + Pictures. Chin wing?  (Read 2928 times)

Sassa

Ceph + Pictures. Chin wing?
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:50:39 AM »
Hi,

Would a chin wing be sufficient in getting the horizontal and also the vertical projection needed for my chin? Also, if you look at my front you'll see that my chin is little crooked. Is this possible to fix with a chin wing only? Or is a bimax needed? Any advices? Really appreciate your help. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:01:35 AM by Sassa »

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: Ceph + Pictures. Chin wing?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
Looks perfectly normal to me, neither your chin nor your mandible is recessed at all.

If you want chin projection and extra width then a chin wing can do that yes.

overbiter

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
How can someone looking like that possibly think he needs bimax surgery? If anything you already have an anteface. More forward projection and it would look ridiculous. Do surgeons really facilitate these kind of awkward ideas? If so: which surgeons?

He only wants to move his chin forward, but probably thinks a chin wing would look better than a genio.

JayJaw

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:10:10 PM »
How can someone looking like that possibly think he needs bimax surgery? If anything you already have an anteface. More forward projection and it would look ridiculous. Do surgeons really facilitate these kind of awkward ideas? If so: which surgeons?

While I agree he doesn't need bimax... it doesn't seem he thinks so either. He is just asking. Also, the pictures he has aren't accurate since he tilted his chin up. If you tilt down a bit more to the horizontal then the chin is slightly recessed. Enough to warrant doing something? Perhaps not but aesthetically, it could help if he really would feel better with a prominent/strong chin. His is perfectly fine now, but nothing wrong (IMO anyway) with wanting to improve. I don't necessarily think this forum is 100% the right place for it but I don't mind.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
chin wing would be perfect; perhaps malar osteotomy too.

strongjawman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
- Get chin straightened with genioplasty
- Go to the gym and lose body fat
- ?
- Profit

Sassa

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »
Sorry if I offended anyone. Regarding the bimax I wasn't aiming for more projection but as a complement for a lower jaw surgery or smth. But I'll try to proceed with a chin wing.

Stupidjaw: Doesnt Malar osteotomy only give lateral projection?

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 04:26:06 PM »
no, it also gives forward projection...it's a diagonal movement, so it goes a little bit up, out and forward.