Author Topic: Back seeking more sleep apnea stories  (Read 3312 times)

jawsaw

Back seeking more sleep apnea stories
« on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:13 PM »
Hey everyone. With less than a month until my surgery and my sleep the worst it has ever been I'm back again for some positivity, or perhaps just reality, camaraderie. I have bouts of anxiety about the impending procedure; Will I look weird?; Will I feel better during the day?; Will I suffer longterm complications? I know most of those questions cannot be answered. Can anyone share how their life has improved after going through with the surgery? I'm just looking for more stories. I am certain this thread will be beneficial to anyone else on this site who has committed to the surgery. THANKS!

JawKid7

Re: Back seeking more sleep apnea stories
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:34:39 AM »
what are u having done?
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

jawsaw

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:59:18 AM »
Bimax, genio, septoplasty, turbinectomy. The WORKS, the full Monty.

TMKA

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:11:22 AM »
I had lefort 1, bsso, genio for sleep apnea. I sleep better and I look better. Don't be nervous, your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner. The first 4 days will be rough, but after that it gets better quickly.

thinkingme

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:07:19 AM »
its hard but dont care them and live at internet for 2 month. then go reality. everything will be fine

JawKid7

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:44 AM »
I had a lefort 1 and my sleep has improved, however it could be better if I get a septoplasty
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

jawsaw

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 07:06:22 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. I have 1000 questions and concerns that have built up over the past year, some of which I brought up to my surgeon, others I brought up here. But I just came to the realization that after a certain point your questions can't be answered. Your surgeon can't pick you up and hold you in their arms and tell you for certain everything will work out fine. After a certain amount of research and interrogation into the credentials and credibility of your surgeon you have to be confident in your choice and trudge forward into the unknown. You have to put your fate into your surgeons hands and that f**king sucks. Hahaha. So I think the best thing for me to do is to "TRY" and relax and read some positive firsthand accounts about how this insane procedure has improved their life, or even in spite of 'such and such' complication 'I'd do it all again in a heartbeat' sort of anecdote. You know what? Even if you want to contribute a negative story, c'mon and join the fun. Let this be an aggregate master thread for SLEEP APNEA stories. Bring it on.

chinnychinchin

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »
My airway increased 4x and I have much better memory now, can now breathe through my nose, and no longer feel sluggish and tired throughout the day. Had a LeFort1+BSSO.

Picollo30

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
chynnychin was it ccw rotation or cw? has your face changed a bit, do you think you look better now?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. I have 1000 questions and concerns that have built up over the past year, some of which I brought up to my surgeon, others I brought up here. But I just came to the realization that after a certain point your questions can't be answered. Your surgeon can't pick you up and hold you in their arms and tell you for certain everything will work out fine. After a certain amount of research and interrogation into the credentials and credibility of your surgeon you have to be confident in your choice and trudge forward into the unknown. You have to put your fate into your surgeons hands and that f**king sucks. Hahaha. So I think the best thing for me to do is to "TRY" and relax and read some positive firsthand accounts about how this insane procedure has improved their life, or even in spite of 'such and such' complication 'I'd do it all again in a heartbeat' sort of anecdote. You know what? Even if you want to contribute a negative story, c'mon and join the fun. Let this be an aggregate master thread for SLEEP APNEA stories. Bring it on.

That's how I am too! I came to the same conclusion and moved forward with the wrong surgeon and only realized it about a month in because I was trying really hard to stay out of the details. For the most part, they're all doing about the same stuff. Find a local oral surgeon with a good reputation who knows what they're doing and seems knowledgable about sleep apnea. Ideally, this surgeon will be a jaw surgery expert or it will be their passion, either is fine I think. That being said, I'm probably going to use a remote surgeon because I've done ridiculous amounts of research now and I can be picky. I'm still trying really hard to stay out of his kitchen this time.

If you want to send me your questions, chance are I can answer most of them. Whether you trust my answers is up to you.

jawsaw

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
What made you realize it was the wrong surgeon?

jawsaw

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »
Ohhhh my gawd six days. God damn I feel so needy. I hate it. Will someone just give me a piggy back ride to make me feel better already? Carry me like a football and let me rest my weary head on your bosom?

buzzhead

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 07:48:23 AM »
I had a lefort 1, BSSO, turbinectomy and septoplasty.  I sleep so much better.  NO cpap machine and I dream like crazy.  I slept in this morning and it seemed I would start dreaming as soon as I closed my eyes.  Immediate REM (deep) sleep.

Tezcatli

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »
I think it is 100% certain you will sleep and look better. Complications are mostly paresthesia, numbness and tightness around the lips...annoying but if you put it in a scale it is worth it.

jawsaw

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 04:10:35 PM »
Buzzhead's comment  :D :D :D :D. WHAT A WONDERFUL RESOURCE AND SOURCE OF SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE IS FOR A COMMUNITY OF WEIRDOS WHO ARE GETTING THEIR FACES REARRANGED!