Author Topic: Is this possible with a chin wing?  (Read 2049 times)

Sassa

Is this possible with a chin wing?
« on: February 22, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »
It's difficult to find any before/afters regarding a chin wing.
How realistic is my before/afters? Is it possible to add the horizental and vertical projection of the chin and also get the lateral projection of the sides? How much lateral projection is possible? I'm going on a consultation and hopefully a surgery in germany this summer and need to know how realistic this is.

3/4 view before: http://imgur.com/xqctj67
3/4 view simulation: http://imgur.com/ZMPoukS

Front before: http://imgur.com/eeJncSC
Front simulation: http://imgur.com/zMEsS5s

JayJaw

Re: Is this possible with a chin wing?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:04 AM »
Not really.

I will also say this... your morphs aren't really an improvement. They are just different. Your lower third isn't weak or anything as is. I'm not sure any surgery is really necessary, even on an aesthetic level. However, I suspect implants will be the only way you achieve results at all similar to those morphs.

Sassa

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
Dont get it. How can't a stronger chin and overall a better symmetry regarding the jaw be an improvement?
I understand that a chin wing maybe wont give the lateral projection I wish for. But isnt even the morph of my chin realistic?

Sassa

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:18:31 AM »
What about the chin projection then? Realistic?

JayJaw

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »
Dont get it. How can't a stronger chin and overall a better symmetry regarding the jaw be an improvement?
I understand that a chin wing maybe wont give the lateral projection I wish for. But isnt even the morph of my chin realistic?

You have a symmetrical face. I'm sure it isn't perfectly symmetrical, but no one's face is (take any model or celebrity and create a mirror image of their left/right faces and it'll show the differences). You have a strong, wide chin and good development. Your beard could be hiding things, so perhaps there is more that I can't see, but you have good facial development.

Yes, a strong chin and jaw are good. However, once at a certain point, any improvement will see minimal gains. You have a strong chin and jaw development. You have symmetry (at least enough that anything asymmetrical isn't noticed). So, how much will your overall looks really change with any change to your lower third?

I suspect that stronger lower third features will make you look different but not better because you don't have weak features as it stands. Any gain will be marginal.

As I said, chin wing won't even give you the right type of gains and certainly isn't a procedure without risks. If you are adamant about the marginal gains from a strong jaw and/or chin, the only way to get that is implants.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »
Yeah, I've been reading some about the CW procedure but I'm still not entirely sure what to expect.

I don't really like the idea of keeping implants in my face. If I find the risk-result ratio of the CW to be unsatisfactory I'll probably just give up on jaw augmentation altogether.

Sassa

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
Can a chin wing give the same results as a genioplasty when comparing the results of the chin?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 03:20:52 PM »
A chin wing is just genioplasty.  If you wear a thick beard like that I don't think that even massive implants would make a difference. Imo the massive lower jaw that you want is actually a bit of an optical illusion. Guys with such massive jaws also happen to have small midfaces that make their lower thirds look even bigger.  Google Bondi Vet.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:53:06 PM by GJ »