Author Topic: Upper lip fullness, teeth and jaw relation  (Read 778 times)

needadvancement

Upper lip fullness, teeth and jaw relation
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
Since I have(or had) very narrow dental arches and jaws my mouth is narrow too. My upper lip is sort of sinking in on the outer edges, but other times it is nicely wide and full which makes my mouth look wider the way I like. And usually after waking up there's some kind of swelling on the upperlip, because of that my lower lip looks even more recessed. The opposite happens when I've been smiling and talking a lot.

I'm just wondering why my upper lip looks different throughout the day and if it has something to do with how the teeth are positioned etc. My braces are coming off next week and they've improved this too btw.

Eugae93

Re: Upper lip fullness, teeth and jaw relation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:39:12 AM »
Yes, I did read something about it, and it said that the fullness of lips are influenced by the position of the maxilla/teeth etc..
I'm not sure about big changes but if you look at the before and after pics of the jaw surgeries even in this site you can see that the lips change, usually they become fuller for what I saw if the maxilla advances, I could be incorrect, so I suggest you to check.. I read about it in some orthotropic site and orthognatic surgery, I don't remember the link thought.