General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....

<< < (6/26) > >>

ExtractionsRuinFaces:
When the nose is too long and the mouth is too low it looks horse like and too short of a midface and it looks too bulldog like (wayne rooney as an example) I heard mouth breathing can elongate the nose as it messes up the direction of facial growth :|

CK:
i seriously seriously doubt mouth breathing can alter the appearance of the nose.

none of those people seem to have any growth issues at all.

ExtractionsRuinFaces:

--- Quote from: CK on May 11, 2013, 06:38:30 PM ---i seriously seriously doubt mouth breathing can alter the appearance of the nose.

none of those people seem to have any growth issues at all.

--- End quote ---

It was just a rumour I heard from another forum. Basically when the eyes are too high on the face and the mouth too low you get that horse look and if the midface is too short you get a bulldog look. Women look best with short midfaces and men look better with normal midfaces.

CK:

--- Quote from: ExtractionsRuinFaces on May 11, 2013, 06:51:00 PM ---It was just a rumour I heard from another forum. Basically when the eyes are too high on the face and the mouth too low you get that horse look and if the midface is too short you get a bulldog look. Women look best with short midfaces and men look better with normal midfaces.

--- End quote ---

i disagree. it all boils down to proportions. richard geer's midface is quite long.

generally yes an elongated midface is bad news and rarely harmonizes well with the rest of one's features.

i just cant see how the appearance of the nose could in any way be affected by abnormal growth. maybe how it sits on the face but the shape/slope no way.

ExtractionsRuinFaces:

--- Quote from: CK on May 11, 2013, 07:00:34 PM ---i disagree. it all boils down to proportions. richard geer's midface is quite long.

generally yes an elongated midface is bad news and rarely harmonizes well with the rest of one's features.

i just cant see how the appearance of the nose could in any way be affected by abnormal growth. maybe how it sits on the face but the shape/slope no way.

--- End quote ---

Well midface is one of the biggest things in proportion. Everytime someones midface is too short/too long they'll look worse than they could. No exceptions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version