Author Topic: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....  (Read 105647 times)

x

• Private
Re: Shortening midface....AH MAYBE ONE DAY....
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
watch season 6, first episode. great. class m8, class.

Euphoria, why do i think you're from the uk? anytime i talk to you i start typin in brit.

cheers m8
british ancestry? my grandpa seems so british but he's irish i think, that must be where i get my thirst  :)

Breaking Bad is good. The Sopranos, Lost, Seinfeld, Simpsons, and Twin Peaks are my all-time top 5

CK

• Private
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
only good shows on TV right now are:

Breaking Bad, The Bridge/Broen and Jeopardy

damn forgot about breaking bad, i guess if it was on. okay gotr and bb. theyre taking their good time to film that. wish they would cancel the walking dead/mad men and give all the money to breaking bad. terrible shows

pekay

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »
okay gotr and bb. theyre taking their good time to film that. wish they would cancel the walking dead/mad men and give all the money to breaking bad. terrible shows

YES! Hate Walking Dead and hate Mad Men, sucks that this is the last season of BB

the original Twilight Zone hosted by Rod Serling is amazing
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
damn forgot about breaking bad, i guess if it was on. okay gotr and bb. theyre taking their good time to film that. wish they would cancel the walking dead/mad men and give all the money to breaking bad. terrible shows

I have the first season of GOT sitting on my shelf waiting to be watched, but I want to read the books first

CK

• Private
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »
I have the first season of GOT sitting on my shelf waiting to be watched, but I want to read the books first

man eff the books. longer and more boring than LOTR. plus it's reading...

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2013, 09:04:33 PM »
noooo. cm. I'm nut nuts. I was joking.
i'm nut nuts....see what i did there? loool!

I guess i'm high on not sleeping. it's 5:36 am and yesterday i slept 2 hours.

Dude get some sleep, seriously, you're going to be a walking/typing zombie shortly lol

I love Sons of Anarchy, Family guy and the Office was okay.

LOTR IS AMAZING, WHO SPEAKETH SUCH BLASPHEMY!!!!
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

x

• Private
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
man eff the books. longer and more boring than LOTR. plus it's reading...

I agree reading sucks... Abut I read half the first book and actually really liked it, might be worth reading the rest

WINTER IS COMING

x

• Private
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
I think it's the height, IMO.  He's about 6'3" or so?

Long face vs short face women and men.  I think women 'get away' with a short face better and men 'get away' with a long face better.  Which would make sense considering masculine and feminine bone structure.  (Although generally the most beautiful female faces have strong, "masculine" cheekbones and jaw angle paired with feminine small noses, full lips and high eyebrows)

I think short face looks pretty bad though, but I have one so I am biased.  Looks not disasterous on younger people (ie. cute) but on older people it just makes them look older

Why is it impossible to shorten the midface?  I thought impaction of the maxilla was pretty common? It's done all the time with gummy smiles, no?  Or does this not count as the midface? Confused....
yeah I actually agree with you. The guy with the short face looks worse than the long face, middle obviously looks the best. And the girl with the long face looks the worst of the 3. But a lot of guys look great with short midfaces

re: impaction will only shorten the lower 1/3rd not the midface. Think about it, the excess length you're seeing from a gummy smile or open bite is below the upper lip. That's what lip incompetence is, it's the clearest illustration of where the length is coming from (and where it'll be removed when a maxilla impacted).

The distance between the eye and upper lip cannot be changed with orthognathic surgery, only PS. Although jaw surgery can make it look shorter which can be just as important.

Braced4life

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
Disagree, If upper is moved forward does make area from brow to upper lip longer..

geijutsu

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »
I rhink men look best with a 1:1 midface ratio, while women looks better in a slightly shorter midface ratio,  however I can see why some men posted here can pull off having a long midface, the have other stuff going on, for example Ryan Gosling has an overall robusticity which gives him points in sexyness, notice that often guys who have long midfaces and are often considered sexy tend to only fall under that category: sexy, but you can't say for example that they are what you'd call "pretty", guys like Brad Pitt though are both, he has robust well developed bones all over while still mainting ideal "pretty" ratios.

I guess what I'm trying to say that if you are a guy with a long midface but still have other well developed bones (strong brows, jaws, maxilla, cheekbones) you can pull it off easy.

x

• Private
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:32 PM »
I rhink men look best with a 1:1 midface ratio, while women looks better in a slightly shorter midface ratio,  however I can see why some men posted here can pull off having a long midface, the have other stuff going on, for example Ryan Gosling has an overall robusticity which gives him points in sexyness, notice that often guys who have long midfaces and are often considered sexy tend to only fall under that category: sexy, but you can't say for example that they are what you'd call "pretty", guys like Brad Pitt though are both, he has robust well developed bones all over while still mainting ideal "pretty" ratios.

I guess what I'm trying to say that if you are a guy with a long midface but still have other well developed bones (strong brows, jaws, maxilla, cheekbones) you can pull it off easy.
Generally i agree, but Justin Bieber is an unusual exception of long midface but pretty. Not abnormally so, but he also has a narrow face too

who knows, maybe he'd look better with a shorter one too. short midfaces provide a much smoother transition between features which is why I think they're almost always superior to long midfaces

geijutsu

« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
Are you sure? cause I just pulled up few pictures and he actually has a short midface:

Vertical line is shorter that the horizontal in both pics.

x

• Private
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
Oh maybe not then, his head shape is taller than longer (oblong) so it might just me be perceiving more length than there is

where do you take that measure? distance b/w outer orbitals and from nasion to lips?

geijutsu

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
Yeah I guess it creates an opticall illusion.

What do you mean? like where I learned that? had a private analysis with missj and she used that to determine to midfacial ratios.

Some people say that the horizenal line shouldn't go past the iris, but I don't know, I measured tons of good looking guys ratios, and none fall in the 1:1 ratio with that measurement, they always tend to be around 1.1:1 (vertical to horizontal), while missj's always gives me roughly a 1:1 ratio, so I'd say hers are more accurate.

x

• Private
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »
Yeah I guess it creates an opticall illusion.

What do you mean? like where I learned that? had a private analysis with missj and she used that to determine to midfacial ratios.

Some people say that the horizenal line shouldn't go past the iris, but I don't know, I measured tons of good looking guys ratios, and none fall in the 1:1 ratio with that measurement, they always tend to be around 1.1:1 (vertical to horizontal), while missj's always gives me roughly a 1:1 ratio, so I'd say hers are more accurate.
what did you think of her morphs and analysis? was it worth the price she charges?

brb doing that measurement on my own face  :D