Author Topic: Who are some excellent orthognathic surgeons in NYC?  (Read 2158 times)

imrlybord7

Who are some excellent orthognathic surgeons in NYC?
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
I'm looking to get at least a BSSO for my recessed mandible, maybe a sliding genioplasty as well. Also, my maxilla protrudes a bit too far (unusual, and I suppose lucky, for a mouth-breather with a recessed mandible), so I'm not sure if I should get that operated on as well.

Anyone know of great surgeons in the NYC area?

slerpen

Re: Who are some excellent orthognathic surgeons in NYC?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:10:23 AM »
I'm intersted in this as well. Have you had any luck in finding recommendations?

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
How is it possible that there aren't any top rated Oral Surgeons in NYC??  I find it hard to believe all the experts are in Cali and Texas. 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Avra68

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:02 PM »
Do your homework very well. Many bad surgeons are having a "bright" advertisement. I was totally destroyed by Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez, NYU Langone. I need a 3rd comprehensive 2-jaw surgery, TMJs/condyles are out of fossa and I am in chronic pain. No occlusion at all, I cannot chew properly. I am in this situation since 2014. Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez did not even care, he left me like this. Stay away of this guy and his "team", Dr. Pradip Shetye.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
Do your homework very well. Many bad surgeons are having a "bright" advertisement. I was totally destroyed by Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez, NYU Langone. I need a 3rd comprehensive 2-jaw surgery, TMJs/condyles are out of fossa and I am in chronic pain. No occlusion at all, I cannot chew properly. I am in this situation since 2014. Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez did not even care, he left me like this. Stay away of this guy and his "team", Dr. Pradip Shetye.

WOW sorry to hear that. Ive seen his website and credentials and I actually thought he would be good.  You had two surgeries with him or just one?  Who did the other 1?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(