Author Topic: CBCT - How long I have to wait to check bone union  (Read 1207 times)

Rico

CBCT - How long I have to wait to check bone union
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
How mony months after surgery I have to wait to check bone union on CBCT  of the facial skeleton ? 

to not get false negative result

Lazlo

• Private
Re: CBCT - How long I have to wait to check bone union
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 04:18:09 PM »
I don't know what a CBCT is do you mean a CT scan?

So it's funny my doctor said it takes 6 weeks for the facial bones to like fuse. I'm only like 20 days from my attack and I can still feel it's not fused.

But I heard it takes 6 months for bones in the body to like repair. And that CT scan I posted showed a fracture that I had in my right orbit like from a year ago.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
the CT will show always old fractrue to the end of your life ;) it;s normal  Fractured bone is never the same

CBCT is not CT   but similar.  CBCT radiation is only 10% of CT
CT is more potent and gives more detailed scans

i've heard bone union is too weak and won't be visibile on X-Rays up to 6 months

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 06:27:02 PM »
the CT will show always old fractrue to the end of your life ;) it;s normal  Fractured bone is never the same

CBCT is not CT   but similar.  CBCT radiation is only 10% of CT
CT is more potent and gives more detailed scans

i've heard bone union is too weak and won't be visibile on X-Rays up to 6 months

Sinn told me when the bones heal after fracture they heal stronger!!???

But I think I fractured my shin a long time ago doing muay thai and that spot is still soft and weak to this day. I never got a cast or anything, it was just a dent in my shin. Why the f**k has it not healed stronger????

Rico

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:21:15 AM »
Yes it can be. Its for sure typical in situation when the fractured bones overlaps like in my case after overlooked fracture.  Of course when you do not smoke, or take drugs which affect bone healing

Tezcatli

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:09:32 AM »
Sinn told me when the bones heal after fracture they heal stronger!!???

But I think I fractured my shin a long time ago doing muay thai and that spot is still soft and weak to this day. I never got a cast or anything, it was just a dent in my shin. Why the f**k has it not healed stronger????

It heals stronger if properly aligned but you can still see the "scar", most likely it will be a little thicker in the area.

About your muay thai injury, probably soft tissue damage to the fascia and what not.

Rico

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 02:09:38 PM »
but stronger bone after such fracture doesn't mean better.
stronger in one point makes weaker in other..

maxillary bone the weakest point has on infraorbital canal ( bad thing) ... zygomatic arch somwhere in middle

let's take you have new weakest point in the more dramatic places...

it means nothing ;)  the bone will break just in another place when someone strongly hit you.. or in the same