Author Topic: the TM joint vs surgery  (Read 1418 times)

Rico

the TM joint vs surgery
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »
Has anyone had surgery lasted 5-6hrs like me ?

I can't find anyone who had  reversibly damaged TM joint postop
but at the same time I may have such problem - I'm gonna test it by using special splint for a few weeks

how it is , about the joints and surgeries ....
anyone knows someone who had such problem postop ?

even my surgeon has not seen it before ;)  but he thinks i'm that case

PS I got another side effect.  I was searching some info on the internet and I learnt how to convert any number to binary system :P
today somehow i have better mood. I see little small light -  a dot of light
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:07:37 PM by Rico :) »

Picollo30

Re: the joint vs surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »
my surgery lasted 5 hours.

when you talk about joint damage you mean TMJ damage? did you had problems in your mandibular joints pre surgery, like clicks, mandible locking or pain when eating?

Rico

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:04:13 PM »
Yes, I forgot to mention, it's about TM joint.

no problem never had single symptom from the joint.... I have deviated jaw postop...

everything happened just after surgery.  The deviation is constant . doesn't matter if i open my mouth or close

masseter muscle is suspected, since I had zygomatic bone reposition.. and there is slight overcorrection,
on the other side surgeon thinks it can't be masseter, possible but very unlikely, he thinks somehow something happened with my joint
Perhaps some coincidence...

i got CBCT and MRI.. they show some little dysfunction, but very minimal and unclear - almost very normal
a mistery

anyway I'm gonna have test (probably - I',m getting 2nd and 3rd opinion) by using splint

i hope it helps, because this is the most easy issue to correct if this is the problem

i have just some pain from the joints , ears , and clicking but not from the joints, but ears.... due to TMJ overload  - the ears structures are very close

Picollo30

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »
no problem never had single symptom from the joint.... I have deviated jaw postop...

everything happened just after surgery.  The deviation is constant . doesn't matter if i open my mouth or close

masseter muscle is suspected, since I had zygomatic bone reposition.. and there is slight overcorrection,
on the other side surgeon thinks it can't be masseter, possible but very unlikely, he thinks somehow something happened with my joint
Perhaps some coincidence...

i got CBCT and MRI.. they show some little dysfunction, but very minimal and unclear - almost very normal
a mistery

anyway I'm gonna have test (probably - I',m getting 2nd and 3rd opinion) by using splint

i hope it helps, because this is the most easy issue to correct if this is the problem

i have just some pain from the joints , ears , and clicking but not from the joints, but ears.... due to TMJ overload  - the ears structures are very close

didnt your surgeon propose a second surgery or dont you trust him to do it and are seeking another one?

Rico

Re: the TM joint vs surgery
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 07:08:35 PM »
second surgery for what ?

Picollo30

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 07:10:33 PM »
for deviated jaw post op like you said

Rico

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »
but what kind of surgery it's ... as I told You there's no obvious reason of that problem.

so to move the bone back ?  what if it won't help ?

PS I have no more contact with the operator anymore, because he didn't want to help me when I reported some complications. I have new one...who takes care a little

april

• Private
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 07:16:24 PM »
Do you know if the MRI reported disc displacement?

Splints are good but be careful, as there are countless different types! Research the type of one you will be getting.
I'm no expert but have heard of splints giving people open bites <- I think the ones that do that are the ones that only cover the anterior teeth causing the posterior to over-erupt.

Rico

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
no disc displacement , other unknown issue... it looks like my right joint has reduced translation.

perhaps some structure has changed after zygomatic arch cutting, but i do not see any significant change on the scan

perhaps just compressed disc ? possible ?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:57:03 AM by Rico :) »