Author Topic: Pretty good cheekbone fix!  (Read 2940 times)

Lazlo

• Private

Schrödingers Jaw

Re: Pretty good cheekbone fix!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:36:23 AM »
I've seen so few results from osteotomies but if this kind of augment is common then I'm getting it for sure.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »
look at them 20 years later...

zygomatic nerve for sure is gone

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 02:25:14 PM »
look at them 20 years later...

zygomatic nerve for sure is gone

rico, could you explain this better?

Bobbit

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
I've seen so few results from osteotomies but if this kind of augment is common then I'm getting it for sure.

I think that is not an augmentation - -  rather  just a simple repair of a displaced broken cheek bone to put it back where it was to begin with.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »
I think that is not an augmentation - -  rather  just a simple repair of a displaced broken cheek bone to put it back where it was to begin with.

Yes, Bobbit is absolutely correct on that. Now if both cheekbones were naturally as recessed as the right one and they could be brought out that far? That's the million dollar question indeed!

Rico

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »

It's overlooked fracture, healed improperly

It's cheek agumentation. One of them was performed by Dr Eppley, I recognise before/after

Dr Eppley does not perform ZMC reposition

about implants... your skull is changing implant stay the same
and to put such big implant you have to cut off zygomatic nerves

strongjawman

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
What's the difference between the augmentation to fix cheekbones and an osteotomy.. Like what are they actually doing to the cheek to fix it?

I've had some pretty severe facial trauma over the years, have had both cheeks swollen out away from my face from hitting concrete.. Wouldnt be surpised if part of my asymmetry is due to fractured cheek bone.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »
What's the difference between the augmentation to fix cheekbones and an osteotomy.. Like what are they actually doing to the cheek to fix it?

I've had some pretty severe facial trauma over the years, have had both cheeks swollen out away from my face from hitting concrete.. Wouldnt be surpised if part of my asymmetry is due to fractured cheek bone.

yeah seriously, part of my f**king cheekbone is pushed up into my eye right now. it's fine, i feel fine, i look better in fact on that side!

stockton muthaf**kah!

kjohnt

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
IDK anything about cheeks but I will say this...

When looking for the difference between the before and after, the difference is clear but looks very minor.  When you "zoom out" your focus and compare the two overall by seeing the entire face, the after most definitely looks much better.  I think most people wouldn't see the forest through the trees, so to speak, and even most on these boards.

Rico

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:43 AM »
yep after fracture I had concaved cheek . it was not so visible at frontal view, but very visible at the angle

what is difference between cheek augumentatoin  and osteotomy
you can put plastic cheek without any risks

osteotomy -  if you set the zygomatic bone wrongly some muscles may stop working properly

between zygomatich arch and jaw there is masseter muscle - very strong and important muscle

when it stops working properly then you will have damaged joints and smashed ear structrues beihind them with the time

it's my case... the surgeon put my zygoma in not original position and i have big problems now
he wanted to made me too symmetric .... it can;t be done like this... because soft tissue won't adjust
the adjustment capability is limited
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:12:20 AM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:57:19 AM »
I also noticed since orbital rim was not touched,  the orbital volume has not increased to its normal value
so his right eyebrow is a bit too short - flattened. but it;s not so visibile

and he has exophthalmos   -  the eye sticks out too much

when you move zygomatic bone after osteotomy all of these things are automatically corrected ...when a surgeon does proper calculations

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »
my left orbital rim just got slightly displaced and already the skin there is tighter and i have more support.

f**k this is the best once it's healed I'm getting every kind of osteotomy and HA paste on the planet to try and make that area POP!

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 10:03:55 PM »
about implants... your skull is changing implant stay the same

I think many surgeons do not appreciate this point. Or maybe they don't care, they'll be dead by the time it happens to you.