General Category > Aesthetics

Please analyze my profile

(1/2) > >>

Sassa:
Hi,

Not happy at all with my profile. I'm not really sure whether it's my mandibe or chin that's weak. Maybe both?

Would a chin wing be sufficient in getting the horizontal and also the vertical projection needed for my chin? Or should I go for a bimax? One well-known surgeon in UK told me that a genioplasty would give me like 80% of what a bimax would aesthetically. Either way I've booked a chin wing surgery for this summer, but not sure if it's the right choice. Would appreciate any comments.

notrain:
your mandibular incisors are compensated because the mandible is too short (incisor angle to mandible is 113° vs 90° for a normal lower jaw).

for jaw surgery you would need to extract two lower jaw premolars and pull the entire front back to create an overjet. I had this done and it's very time consuming, you might be happy with a chin wing as it is a quick and easy fix.

Sassa:
Thanks for your reply.

Would a genioplasty/chin wing with like 7-8mm movement both horizontal and vertical be sufficient? Will the labiomental fold be even deeper? Damn, maybe I should go for a bimax. I'm not after the perfect result, just wanna balance out my profile...

Vic:
You don't need bimax, your bite looks good. You just need a genioplasty for advancement and height. There's no point paying an extra £10k for bimax if you don't need it with the risks involved.

Sassa:
Thanks for all the inputs. I'll opt for a genioplasty and then get on with life. No point in obsessing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version