Author Topic: Was jaw surgery worth it to those who already had it?  (Read 7587 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Was jaw surgery worth it to those who already had it?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:08 PM »
Yeah I don't know I need my face to be stretched out as my soft tissue is full and heavy and just sags on my face.

So I want an extreme movement to stretch it out and make it taut like a tent. I think I'll be better looking that way. But phase 1 is just bi-max and chin wing, then i'll need the cheeks done second.

f**king frig, i have fat loss at the temples too from like injuries and stuff. I hope there's a reliable way to have fat restored and not look done. Women can still be hot if they look like that had PS but men look like f**king freaks.

boyo

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 11:00:47 PM »
Yeah I don't know I need my face to be stretched out as my soft tissue is full and heavy and just sags on my face.

So I want an extreme movement to stretch it out and make it taut like a tent. I think I'll be better looking that way. But phase 1 is just bi-max and chin wing, then i'll need the cheeks done second.

I had the same issue. Despite low body fat, my face was chubby. Basically you got too much soft tissue for your facial bones to support. Advancing everything like 1 cm forward will most definitely make it all a lot more taut. Combine it with a chin wing and malar implants and you got something close to a LF3 and a very good improvement from your old face. Most of the anteface-hate is based on the midface getting left behind which is understandable, but bringing the malars/zygos with it and a anteface is superior to everything else.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:48 PM »
I had the same issue. Despite low body fat, my face was chubby. Basically you got too much soft tissue for your facial bones to support. Advancing everything like 1 cm forward will most definitely make it all a lot more taut. Combine it with a chin wing and malar implants and you got something close to a LF3 and a very good improvement from your old face. Most of the anteface-hate is based on the midface getting left behind which is understandable, but bringing the malars/zygos with it and a anteface is superior to everything else.

truth, that's my plan, though I am going for the lf3 basically as well not implants. but hopin my face stops looking like it's f**king FALLING OFFF!!!!! It's only gonna get so much worse as I age!!!

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 07:34:44 PM »

f**king frig, i have fat loss at the temples too from like injuries and stuff.

can you explain this a bit more? trauma and fat loss. lazlo, what kind of injury caused this at your temples? from your awful incident a few months ago? if yes, you noticed the change that quickly?

strongjawman

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
I am also curious as to an explanation of the mechanisms behind fat atrophy as a result of trauma..

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 04:00:08 AM »
I looked really really haggard before surgery. 10 years older probably.  If anything the maxillary advancement made me look much younger.  Only 5-6 mms.

JawKid7

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »
I would say yes, I had a lefort 1.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

chinnychinchin

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 02:28:03 AM »
Yes, no regrets. My only regret is that I wish I had gotten it done sooner.

However, it did introduce a few complications in my life that were a bit difficult to diagnose. My eyes also became sunken like it's been described here including a few other complications like puffy face, cold intolerance, etc. However, only in the last few months (and I'm almost a year post-op) has it greatly diminished/disappeared. I've been supplementing with Iodine for the past few weeks since I believe the jaw surgery stress might have caused my body to go into a state of hypothyroidism. Sunken eyes is also one of its symptoms. I urge everyone who is struggling with sunken eyes or fat atrophy around their eyes to also take into account other symptoms they might be experiencing. Don't forget that jaw surgery is a stressful event which could cause underlying health issues to come out of the woodwork.

LyraM45

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
Personally for me it wasn't worth it, but every persons risk vs. reward is different.  If you are in a super bad amount of pain, can't function, or your so aesthetically devastated that it's ruining your life, then I would say consider surgery in this last resort phase you're in.  If you are functioning now and overall OK with how things are, then why risk making them worse?  I started out with an 8-9mm overjet, overbite, pretty bad gummy smile, narrow arches.  Classic class II.  Braces only would never get me full class I.  In terms of my function, I felt OK enough to just do braces and call it a day.  I had no joint issues, but my face muscles were always tired, strained, and I had pretty consistent headaches.  My back teeth were being worn so badly they were nearing full restoration.  Otherwise, I was functioning and I think ortho only could have taken care of a lot of these functional issues for me, even if I was never full perfect class I.  My doctors pretty much scared me in to it.  Told me surgery was no big thing and it would all be OK.  Everybody is doing it now vs. when I was younger and needed it, and if I didn't get it my joints would deteriorate and need replacement, teeth would constantly need to be restored, and all this other doom and gloom.  I listed and went surgery and surgery did nothing but make me a lot worse.  So, based on my experience, weigh the risk vs. the reward.  If you are at rock bottom with not much to lose, then go for it.  I had a lot to lose, and unfortunately I lost it and would have been better off without the surgery.

joecinq03

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
Personally for me it wasn't worth it, but every persons risk vs. reward is different.  If you are in a super bad amount of pain, can't function, or your so aesthetically devastated that it's ruining your life, then I would say consider surgery in this last resort phase you're in.  If you are functioning now and overall OK with how things are, then why risk making them worse?  I started out with an 8-9mm overjet, overbite, pretty bad gummy smile, narrow arches.  Classic class II.  Braces only would never get me full class I.  In terms of my function, I felt OK enough to just do braces and call it a day.  I had no joint issues, but my face muscles were always tired, strained, and I had pretty consistent headaches.  My back teeth were being worn so badly they were nearing full restoration.  Otherwise, I was functioning and I think ortho only could have taken care of a lot of these functional issues for me, even if I was never full perfect class I.  My doctors pretty much scared me in to it.  Told me surgery was no big thing and it would all be OK.  Everybody is doing it now vs. when I was younger and needed it, and if I didn't get it my joints would deteriorate and need replacement, teeth would constantly need to be restored, and all this other doom and gloom.  I listed and went surgery and surgery did nothing but make me a lot worse.  So, based on my experience, weigh the risk vs. the reward.  If you are at rock bottom with not much to lose, then go for it.  I had a lot to lose, and unfortunately I lost it and would have been better off without the surgery.

Would you say the same if you had your original surgery with your revision surgeon? You suffered what is probable medical malpractice, most people aren't going to go through what you did in the US.