Author Topic: What would you suggest?  (Read 1124 times)

Dutchie

What would you suggest?
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:35:58 AM »
I've had a slight unilateral condylar hyperactivity, which tilted my jaw a bit. It's not much, I know, and my surgeon didn't want to do anything about it. I had a crossbite which has been taken care of by braces. I do have a lot of snapping of joints and my jaw feels tired a lot, not sure if that is related.

Also I find my face too long. People with similar faces have improved a lot on this page: http://www.facialsculptureclinic.com/en/cases/jaw-surgery/long-face/. The surgeon is Joel Defrancq and I'm thinking of making an appointment with him, just to see what he suggests. I e-mailed him with some pictures and he said he can certainly do something for me.

What are your thoughts?

I know my nose isn't helping either.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kjohnt

Re: What would you suggest?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »
Need frontal picture with full smile.

mike888miller

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »
ideally  would start with gonial angle augmentation, and then bsso. alternatively you could look at chin wing, as you dont need a lot of mandi advancement. would did doctor lef suggest? its always helpful for the forum to hear what the pro#s recommend, not just to ask questions without providing that info, that way there is more of a give and take and people will be more willing to provide u with feedback.

Dutchie

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
All he suggested was some bone shaving to get the asymmetry out, no big structural changes. Also with the same procedure he could make the jaw line a bit straighter, if that makes sense. I don't know the right terminology for those things. He calls it jaw line reduction and chin recontouring in his proposal.

My worry is: won't the skin sag if there is less bone?