Author Topic: cheekbone/malar osteotomy  (Read 33696 times)

fedfan

Re: cheekbone/malar osteotomy
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
Talking about cheekbones, what do you think of this?
http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/aesthetische_chirurgie/jochbeinaufbau.html

His after looks awful. Now her face is rough and unaesthetic. I actually want to get the opposite of what she got, which means reducing the cheekbone prominence at the front and 45° view.

I'd also like to make my cheekbones sit closer to my eye sockets but I don't think there's a surgery that accomplishes this. 

pekay

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
Raffaini does cheekbone osteotomy as well but I can't find any before/after for it on his website
Chopsticks > Spoons

pumukka

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
I actually like that guys after pictures. Maybe his lip to nose distance shows more because hes nose tip doesn't drop at all anymore or it might still be a little pup cuz it could be swollen.

About french or italian model-guys having that type of nose with the bump, some can pull it off but a softer or normal nose is what most people look for and what most famous models have, from a girls point of view I think it looks better in the after, maybe if orbital rims HA or something would be used would be better, but I guess it was a trade off with the nasolabial lines..

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11:02 AM »
From the 3/4 I can't see that the position of his cheekbones have moved at all, it looks like the maxilla has been brought forward or augmented.

If his goal was to have a softer looking appearance then he has succeeded but if I agreed to have malar osteotomy then I would be seeking the complete opposite,  more concave modelesque cheeks.

Sailer's red haired Lady certainly looks unnatural yes but he has the right idea with the angular shapes he has tried to create.

Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

x

• Private
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 02:15:25 AM »
From the 3/4 I can't see that the position of his cheekbones have moved at all, it looks like the maxilla has been brought forward or augmented.

If his goal was to have a softer looking appearance then he has succeeded but if I agreed to have malar osteotomy then I would be seeking the complete opposite,  more concave modelesque cheeks.

Sailer's red haired Lady certainly looks unnatural yes but he has the right idea with the angular shapes he has tried to create.
I don't like that guy's results either, undereye flatness is good in males (flatness not recession)

In fact, most of his changes weren't good I'm sorry to say. once again we see the contours of his face washed out  from 3/4ths, the philtrum got longer (could've been from the rhinoplasty but all the same), maxilla looks too projected now, orbital rims look unimproved

He had a distinctive good look before, then he became kind of a bland average joe imo, I think the nose change was the biggest reason for it. Amazing how the contour was still lost in spite of the cheekbones being brought out. I'm not sure the Quad Lefort would help much with this either cause it's the zygomatic bone that provides the projection from 3/4ths, and it is untouched by the Quad Lefort

Do you guys think his maxilla was overadvanced? I don't think it should be passing the forehead from profile view...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:26:49 AM by Euphoria »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
Are you talking about the guy first linked in this thread? Or one from sailer clinic?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »
I don't like that guy's results either, undereye flatness is good in males (flatness not recession)

In fact, most of his changes weren't good I'm sorry to say. once again we see the contours of his face washed out  from 3/4ths, the philtrum got longer (could've been from the rhinoplasty but all the same), maxilla looks too projected now, orbital rims look unimproved

He had a distinctive good look before, then he became kind of a bland average joe imo, I think the nose change was the biggest reason for it. Amazing how the contour was still lost in spite of the cheekbones being brought out. I'm not sure the Quad Lefort would help much with this either cause it's the zygomatic bone that provides the projection from 3/4ths, and it is untouched by the Quad Lefort

Do you guys think his maxilla was overadvanced? I don't think it should be passing the forehead from profile view...

i generally agree in retrospect now looking at the pics. all the angles are gone. he probably needed the maxillary advancement though as his maxilla was receded. but i don't really see the cheekbone osteotomy.

pekay

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »
I think he had malar or sub-malar shell implants put in place instead of an actual malar osteotomy

Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
first guy.. He's also posing like a dummy before, i imagine it wasn't too hard for him to naturally close that lip gap

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »
Where are his photos from, are we completely sure he's had malar osteotomy?
I really don't see a change at all in his malar bones in any of the photos, as I said it only looks like his maxilla has been advanced.

Euphoria I completely agree he lost all his character but that's often the case where rhinoplasty is concerned.
 I also agree about the maxilla protruding past the forehead being unaesthetic.
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

x

• Private
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »
Pekay do you have the ability to do a morph where in profile the guy's upper lip / paranasal area look relatively similar to before, but more projected from the face? I really dislike how long and boxy the drop down is now from paranasal to lip. I see this look all the time in maxillary advancement patients, like the superior part of the maxilla is too far forward relative to the inferior. see rough outline:

pekay

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
Where are his photos from, are we completely sure he's had malar osteotomy?
I really don't see a change at all in his malar bones in any of the photos, as I said it only looks like his maxilla has been advanced.

http://www.augustopary.com

check the Before/After section
Chopsticks > Spoons

x

• Private
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
http://www.augustopary.com

check the Before/After section
taken from that page, a maxillary advancement that looks nice and natural, not boxy and overprojecting:

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
All the guy in the OP's picture needs is some HA grafting under the tear tough, around the malar, and near the ramus to create more definition of the mandible. Otherwise his results are fantastic. A lot of his angles are near-ideal. I don't see how you can claim the guy you linked is a better example. A lot of the angles concerning his lower face are all f**ked up.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

x

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
All the guy in the OP's picture needs is some HA grafting under the tear tough, around the malar, and near the ramus to create more definition of the mandible. Otherwise his results are fantastic. A lot of his angles are near-ideal. I don't see how you can claim the guy you linked is a better example. A lot of the angles concerning his lower face are all f**ked up.
No one's talking about the mandible.

HA paste doesn't do s**t.