Author Topic: Getting fillers done before a jaw surgery consultation  (Read 1678 times)

ExtractionsRuinFaces

Getting fillers done before a jaw surgery consultation
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
I'm getting fillers done in approx 3 weeks & they should last at least 6 months, my consultation is in less than 3 months so I'm worried the fillers will interfere with the outcome of the consultation, the surgeon not being able to properly analyze my face and what not. Do they mostly discuss your issues by looking at a ceph? I'm assuming thats what they do, thats why I think fillers will be okay to get beforehand, does anyone have experience with this? the fillers will be for my nasolobial area, tear troughs and outer cheekbone (the areas I hope to augment surgically) any input is appreciated!

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Getting fillers done before a jaw surgery consultation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 01:42:44 AM »
I'm getting fillers done in approx 3 weeks & they should last at least 6 months, my consultation is in less than 3 months so I'm worried the fillers will interfere with the outcome of the consultation, the surgeon not being able to properly analyze my face and what not. Do they mostly discuss your issues by looking at a ceph? I'm assuming thats what they do, thats why I think fillers will be okay to get beforehand, does anyone have experience with this? the fillers will be for my nasolobial area, tear troughs and outer cheekbone (the areas I hope to augment surgically) any input is appreciated!

I think it's a bad idea to get fillers before your surgery frnakkly.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 02:52:43 AM »
I think it's a bad idea to get fillers before your surgery frnakkly.

Not surgery, no. Just consultations. Earliest procedure would be SARPE to fix my crossbite but I'm assuming that would be 6+ months away at minimum

Rikenen

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 03:23:08 AM »
I wouldn't even bother with them. they do very little tbh

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 04:55:08 AM »
I wouldn't even bother with them. they do very little tbh

Yeah most before/after pictures of fillers show a very marginal improvement. Still, I want to get a short term boost & see how my face looks with a little more midface volume. I'm willing to try out fillers even if the improvement is small, all I want to know is if this will be an issue during consultations or not.

mike888miller

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 02:15:50 PM »
i still have some fillers after 2 years, dont worry about it. your face it not static, you are constantly aging, your bucal fat getting less and moving below your chin, your skin getting laxer, etc etc. the only thing i would worry about is that the doctor may not go as aggressive as you want him to because he is not taking into account that the fillers are temporary - sounds crazy but have had two doctors with this issue

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:23 PM »
i still have some fillers after 2 years, dont worry about it. your face it not static, you are constantly aging, your bucal fat getting less and moving below your chin, your skin getting laxer, etc etc. the only thing i would worry about is that the doctor may not go as aggressive as you want him to because he is not taking into account that the fillers are temporary - sounds crazy but have had two doctors with this issue

Your "fat" doesn't move. It's attached to the skin. And skin elasticity is very, very easy to maintain. Wear excellent sunscreen and use your retin-a.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »
Your "fat" doesn't move. It's attached to the skin. And skin elasticity is very, very easy to maintain. Wear excellent sunscreen and use your retin-a.

you think retin a permanently every day is worth it? I used it for a few months and my skin was always kind of peeling. Should I go back on it?

asphyxia

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 05:29:16 AM »
Don't know what you ended up doing, but I strongly advise you not to get it done.
I had filler in my chin for two years, and eventually had to have it dissolved with hyaluronidase because surgeons couldn't see how much advancement I needed.

Always go for the real thing, fillers are just a quick fix

mike888miller

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 04:11:28 AM »
wearing spf 50 is helpful, also getting sleep, and not doing and drugs and alkohol and sugar are all helpful, but mother time will get us in the end. if you do all those perfectly, you can look 5 years younger, depending on genetics. a good dermatologist can slice off another 5.

fatt cells can move absolutly, its a cosmetic procedure.

the neck area is a tricky one, you have fat cells getting larger even if you are loosing weight, you have gland, and the h bone, and musscles. all saging down..

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 11:14:34 PM »
you think retin a permanently every day is worth it? I used it for a few months and my skin was always kind of peeling. Should I go back on it?

Yes, absolutely. It's one of the few well-research, thoroughly proven anti-ageing products.

If you peeled alot consider lower strength, or follow immediately with moisturiser until you're better adapted.

smartskincare.com is a good site to read more.

wearing spf 50 is helpful, also getting sleep, and not doing and drugs and alkohol and sugar are all helpful, but mother time will get us in the end. if you do all those perfectly, you can look 5 years younger, depending on genetics. a good dermatologist can slice off another 5.

fatt cells can move absolutly, its a cosmetic procedure.

the neck area is a tricky one, you have fat cells getting larger even if you are loosing weight, you have gland, and the h bone, and musscles. all saging down..

I asked a derm this specific question and was told that no, it's not possible to have fat sagging without skin sagging. You can get fat loss which causes the skin to sag as it loses plumpness, but number of people have told me what you say is impossible.

Also good sunscreen and lifestyle takes way, way more then 5 years off. Furthermore, it's helpful to have a strong bone structure to support skin. Plus more bone to begin with is better because as you get into advanced age you lose bone.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 05:12:24 AM »
Don't know what you ended up doing, but I strongly advise you not to get it done.
I had filler in my chin for two years, and eventually had to have it dissolved with hyaluronidase because surgeons couldn't see how much advancement I needed.

Always go for the real thing, fillers are just a quick fix

Consult is in a few days so haven't had anything done yet. I'm still going to go though, i'm interested to hear what this surgeon has to say about my naso folds & recessed infra-orbitals. I'll probably still go for the fillers as jaw surgery is quite far away (1+year) and I need sarpe before that to fix my crossbite which is still easily visible on a ceph or in person  :-\
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:19:50 AM by ExtractionsRuinFaces »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »
Yes, absolutely. It's one of the few well-research, thoroughly proven anti-ageing products.

If you peeled alot consider lower strength, or follow immediately with moisturiser until you're better adapted.

smartskincare.com is a good site to read more.

I asked a derm this specific question and was told that no, it's not possible to have fat sagging without skin sagging. You can get fat loss which causes the skin to sag as it loses plumpness, but number of people have told me what you say is impossible.

Also good sunscreen and lifestyle takes way, way more then 5 years off. Furthermore, it's helpful to have a strong bone structure to support skin. Plus more bone to begin with is better because as you get into advanced age you lose bone.
I know blond 50 year old  perma bronze professional surf instructors who spend their whole life in the sun and look 10 years younger.
I know 50 year old vegan indoor geeks who look 70.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 05:47:41 AM »
I know blond 50 year old  perma bronze professional surf instructors who spend their whole life in the sun and look 10 years younger.
I know 50 year old vegan indoor geeks who look 70.

ain't that the truth eh?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
ain't that the truth eh?
Genetics.