Author Topic: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN  (Read 28789 times)

Rikenen

Re: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »
My understanding is out of network doctors can balance bill any amount above your insurance's smaller "allowed amount", regardless of if you've reached your out of pocket maximum.  You can still get out of network benefits, if the insurance company approves the surgery, but they are typically peanuts in benefits compared to the 20k+ out of network doctors ask for.   

Plosko, Deschamps was pretty radical in a very different way ;)

Sounds like the bigger the jaw movements, the tougher the recovery?  That'd make sense as Lazlo's movement of 6mm seems small to me. Especially considering he had extractions ???

6mm isn't exactly small imo

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
Alright folks, there was a bit of a crisis over the night where I big time panicked and thought Sinn had botched things since he hadn't followed Arnett's plan.

Requires a slight digression. Sinn had been given Arnett's plan when I consulted with him just causse I needed to send him a ceph. He basically said he would do Sinn's plan. Now there are a lot of aspects to this surgery I do not understand at all. Like why a HUGE lower progression CCW actually ends up giving a very weak lower chin most of the time or why you can't just lengthen then chin and blah blah blah. But these are tacit restrictions.

Anyway, it's all fine since what Sinn did is he gave me a 6mm advancement of lower jaw PLUS a 4 mm CCW so it's actually 10 mm altogether and the airway is huge, the bite is slam bam like a f**king hand in a bespoke leather glove. I have ZERO pain, or even really tiredness. I just have enough swelling to very terribly distort the aesthetic results but I can tell they're going to fall perfectly into place. This is just FANTASTSIC! !!!!!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2016, 02:11:06 PM »
Oh and Sinn through in so many extras like the rhinoplasty he did from the inside completely. NO SCAR i have a straight septum, the nose looks f**king SMALL and SHARP . I didn't even know doing a rhino (yeah weird resection) from inside was possible!!!!   

He inverted both the lips and now i have the most amazing shaped tom hardy lips, the full smile, not bunny rabbit at all, more like Alex Pettyfer smile.

I'm just so overall stoked how this surgery will have set the foundation for my dreams. Take everyone. I'm gonna take a long nice break from this forum since this has weighed so heavily on me for so many years and wait fo rthis swelling to go down.

Will I ever get future procedures? For sure! I'm a starchild baby! I will use all of the future to help me.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
i know you are ready to take a break from the forum and i think its a great idea. but if you haven't yet, could you explain exactly how dr sinn created more visible width of the mandible (other than the multi piece genio). you said he put HA between the joints in your 1st or 2nd post. could you explain a bit more and if there was anything else he did to add width of the lower jaw, at the gonial angle or along the mandibular body? how much, if any, width gonion to gonion do you think was achieved? thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »
i know you are ready to take a break from the forum and i think its a great idea. but if you haven't yet, could you explain exactly how dr sinn created more visible width of the mandible (other than the multi piece genio). you said he put HA between the joints in your 1st or 2nd post. could you explain a bit more and if there was anything else he did to add width of the lower jaw, at the gonial angle or along the mandibular body? how much, if any, width gonion to gonion do you think was achieved? thanks.
[/quote

he lists doing 5mm to either side so one cm altogether but it's somewhat slanted so it looks cool and dramatic and yeah he did it with an HA graft. Oh and the bigger tooth show also has to do with how he sowed the lips back down. In fact my lips (and amazing luke rockhold chin) are two of the thing I'm admiring so much from this surgery. Why more dudes and especially chicks don't get V-Y plasty's to their lip just blows my mind!

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »
it all sounds very amazing! i hope you will consider sharing a photo from the nose down once you have healed.

where/how exactly did he use the HA to add all that width? is it an onlay molded to resemble a gonial angle?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2016, 02:53:14 PM »

sorry I wasn't sure if I answered you before yeah 5mm to each gonial angle in the widthwise direction. He was really excited today when looking at the results, he was like you can't even see right now how different and cool you're gonna look once the swelling goes down.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2016, 02:53:44 PM »
it all sounds very amazing! i hope you will consider sharing a photo from the nose down once you have healed.

where/how exactly did he use the HA to add all that width? is it an onlay molded to resemble a gonial angle?

no way jose.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
i totally understand about that photos. no hard feelings :)

ditterbo

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »
Man you're really making me want to go check out Dr. Sinn.. he's so far away though gaaahh.  If you're still around, I think I recall that you went on quite a few max facs consults, right?  Could you share why you chose Dr. Sinn over the other, I presume big name docs?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »
I still don't understand how you got any ccw rotation at all given that your maxilla was lowered linearly. Maybe what you had is a differential down graft after all because 6 mm at the front is a hell of a lot - that's short face syndrome territory and yours isn't. Maybe he down grafted you 6 at the back and something less at the frontt to achieve CCW?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
I still don't understand how you got any ccw rotation at all given that your maxilla was lowered linearly. Maybe what you had is a differential down graft after all because 6 mm at the front is a hell of a lot - that's short face syndrome territory and yours isn't. Maybe he down grafted you 6 at the back and something less at the frontt to achieve CCW?

oh i don't think it was lowered linearally. f**k I was afraid last night and this morning. Today Sinn explained what he did and it was beautiful. It was like finding the most elegant solution to a math problem. my airway is huge now, nose is sharp like JOhnny Depp's after swelling went down further this afternoon! I mean it's too good to be true I want to pinch myself.

What I'm so amazed by is that given such a dramatic foward movement I don't have even an iota pig nose or chimp face. I mean in fact quite the opposite. The nose is slimmer and sharp. The upper lip space looks shorter because he did a V-Y plasty turning the lip up so it's all the opposite of chimp face, i had f**king a sagging midface before. How did Sinn manage to pull all of that off? Oh and I just read my surgical notes, he threw in a f**king rhino for like pennies. And it's the nose I always wished I had been born with. But how the hell did he avoid chimp face without such a dramatic forward movement. I mean sorry I don't mean to sound insensitive but you literally look like a different person entirely in your before and after due to the puffing out and spreading of your face. It's not an entirely unappealing look, it looks a bit like lord hannuman in indian mythology but in your surgery the forward movement made you look so dramtically different but in a puffing out way. I have no puffing out at all, just smoothening, tautening, and then careful draping. I don't know.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2016, 04:09:39 PM »
so what do you think is the difference between what dr sinn did with HA at the back of the mandible vs. what dr gunson does? i know that dr gunson actually shapes the HA before he places it, it is molded then placed with some pliability to shape in the following days. dr sinn just kind of "squirts" it onto the bone then shapes it from the outside of the tissue. they both mix it with your own blood.

@plosko do you really think HA is that irritating? is it better when used in a particular way?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »

just got back from seeing sinn. pressed him ad nauseum on all this as my dad freaked out once it was raised as a concern. What Sinn explained was very much like what you're suggesting --that down graft was at different levels compared to posterior and anterior. wow you're good plosko --i think you've surpassed molestrip as our resident expert.

anyway, Sinn is very very honest, has nothing to hide LOVES discussing the details of jaw surgery I mean he literally just showed up on a saturday afternoon in the office to just open it and hang out with us for a couple hours and talk us through everything, he brought out a skull explained what he had done, etc. etc. My mind is COMPLETELY at rest, the bite fits, he said he wants the rubber bands on for 6 weeks and that the bite is fitting perfectly.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
so what do you think is the difference between what dr sinn did with HA at the back of the mandible vs. what dr gunson does? i know that dr gunson actually shapes the HA before he places it, it is molded then placed with some pliability to shape in the following days. dr sinn just kind of "squirts" it onto the bone then shapes it from the outside of the tissue. they both mix it with your own blood.

@plosko do you really think HA is that irritating? is it better when used in a particular way?

no there's nothing wrong with HA. But Sinn did human bone in my grafts. Oh and I know this is of interest cause Lestat and some other people asked me about this.

Human bone is like some serious baller s**t it's 450 per half ounce. Anyway he differential downgrafted that s**t on me made my sinuses huge and straightened my septum too. Anyway I was like what happens to that human bone. He said this: cause it's genetically identical to your own bone it will get filled through with your own dna and then slowly over time it will be replaced entirely with your own bone.

That is some f**king BALLER s**t yo.