Author Topic: Would I have looked like a chimp with upper jaw surgery?  (Read 4344 times)

jawprobs16

Re: Would I have looked like a chimp with upper jaw surgery?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »
You look very attractive. Don't understand why you would even consider a Lefort. Seeing your pics it would look (very) awkward on you. Seeking more projection when you already have good projection is a horrible idea.

I see your point. I guess I just don't think I have enough teeth projection and prominence front on and from the sides. I always thought having a farther projected maxilla would mean a better looking face. I'll attach pictures from before surgery and now. Last picture is my profile before surgery.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:42:40 AM by jawprobs16 »

baldguy83

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 11:08:12 AM »
You look good girl. Solid midface projection, which is most important.

jawprobs16

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
You look good girl. Solid midface projection, which is most important.
Thanks I do appreciate that. I just feel like something still looks off about my face. Though my underbite was corrected my lower jaw still looks long and my lower lip still looks like it hangs before my upper lip. As you can see I look like the girls pre-op photo instead of her post op which looks like a more normal and balanced profile
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:43:12 AM by jawprobs16 »

baldguy83

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »
You look seriously stunning in that last picture. Love your lips, they're great. Don't worry about them.

The lower jaw might seem a bit large, but it does not look bad on you at all IMO. Do you have a front pic where you have your teeth properly meshed and lips closed (without straining)? Perhaps also a profile pic from a bit further off, so I can assess your whole face? You can use PM if you don't want to post more pictures here, though so far you don't seem to have a problem with that. I would advise not to keep photos posted in public for too long, but maybe that's just me.

Also, don't even think about having upper jaw surgery, let alone a Le Fort. Your midface has good projection already, it will only get ruined by such risky surgery.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:22:21 PM by baldguy83 »

jawprobs16

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »
You look seriously stunning in that last picture. Love your lips, they're great. Don't worry about them.

The lower jaw might seem a bit large, but it does not look bad on you at all IMO. Do you have a front pic where you have your teeth properly meshed and lips closed (without straining)? Perhaps also a profile pic from a bit further off, so I can assess your whole face? You can use PM if you don't want to post more pictures here, though so far you don't seem to have a problem with that. I would advise not to keep photos posted in public for too long, but maybe that's just me.

Also, don't even think about having upper jaw surgery, let alone a Le Fort. Your midface has good projection already, it will only get ruined by such risky surgery.
Yupp. Here are some pictures.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 05:44:25 AM by jawprobs16 »

baldguy83

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »
See PM.