Author Topic: Jaw surgery best option?  (Read 805 times)

WhatTheFace

Jaw surgery best option?
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:48:52 AM »
I want to do something about how my face looks and thought you guys might have some input.

My entire mid/lower face seems greatly underdeveloped so I assume both the maxilla and mandible are recessed and should ideally be moved forward.

Does that seem right? I guess the other option would be sliding genioplasty and somehow reduce the area around the base of my nose to fix the nasolabial angle? I'm just not sure that would look natural if the underlying structure is still all messed up.

I would very much appreciate some feedback as well as suggestions for maxfac or plastic surgeons in Europe to talk to.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:54:12 PM by WhatTheFace »

kjohnt

Re: Jaw surgery best option?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »
I see what you're saying... reminds me of Liev Schreiber kind of.  Your first step should be visiting an orthodontist and getting xrays.  Then ask for a referral or somehow find a way to consult with an oral surgeon who can analyze them.  Post them on here too.

BlueShark7

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:58:40 AM »
Honestly I think you look good/ handsome. I may be wrong but I don't think your maxilla looks recessed. Your mandible does look slightly class 2 in relation but I wonder if a sliding genioplasty with slight vertical lengthening may be sufficient. Depends on how your bite is of course. If you have a reasonable overjet/ overbite maybe BSSO is the way to go from a functional point of view too.

WhatTheFace

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:44 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'm just weird, but objectively evaluating oneself is such a difficult task.