Author Topic: Need some verification and facts about my jaw and chin.  (Read 2331 times)

iZackefx

Need some verification and facts about my jaw and chin.
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:53 AM »
Hello. I am 17, 233 pounds and 6'2.

I think I have some error that relates to my jaw/chin.

I have a feeling that when I lose weight and get to exactly 190 pounds, the fat in my jaw and chin won't go away. What about you guys?

If so, judging by the pics, what should be my options on getting this fixed? Or is it just fat and will go away when I reach 190 pounds.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Need some verification and facts about my jaw and chin.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »
you need more bones.

bimax is a good place to start! chin wing+zo and fillers eventually might be necessary

iZackefx

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
Would losing 43 pounds help this predicament at all? And how much would the bimax surgery be for me?

marcus3415

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »
lose 43 pounds, the  reevaluate.

make no decision until youre at the right weight

iZackefx

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 10:48:29 AM »
Alright, thank you so much.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »

I have a feeling that when I lose weight and get to exactly 190 pounds, the fat in my jaw and chin won't go away. What about you guys?

If so, judging by the pics, what should be my options on getting this fixed? Or is it just fat and will go away when I reach 190 pounds.

all nonsense. lose the weight then post pics. of course the weight will make a DRAMATIC difference on how your jaw looks. Don't even think about any surgeries you have a great jaw and chin. end of story.

slidinggenio

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 01:30:30 AM »
your bones are obviously fine and you obviously just need to lose weight.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
i am not trying to be mean to this young man but i know plenty of overweight people with impeccable bone structure and you can see it through any amount of extra weight. if the underlying structure is solid the fat sits high and smooth upon it, the eyes look supported, there is no sign of jowls or too much fullness that sags near the corners of the mouth. c'mon you guys. there are people in this thread brushing this guy off who are better off and yet seeking surgery for cosmetic reasons. i suppose you may be trying to protect this guy (and others) from a life of self loathing but if he didn't feel like something was underdeveloped with his face he would never have found his way here.

it should be pointed out, these are horrible photos and it is clear there is a significant about of distortion, i assume they are standard selfies. but i agree with stupidjaws and have similar bone structure myself. you have very weak facial bones. it would be helpful to see your bite to know if surgery could help both functionally and aesthetically.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 10:14:51 AM »
i am not trying to be mean to this young man but i know plenty of overweight people with impeccable bone structure and you can see it through any amount of extra weight. if the underlying structure is solid the fat sits high and smooth upon it, the eyes look supported, there is no sign of jowls or too much fullness that sags near the corners of the mouth. c'mon you guys. there are people in this thread brushing this guy off who are better off and yet seeking surgery for cosmetic reasons. i suppose you may be trying to protect this guy (and others) from a life of self loathing but if he didn't feel like something was underdeveloped with his face he would never have found his way here.

it should be pointed out, these are horrible photos and it is clear there is a significant about of distortion, i assume they are standard selfies. but i agree with stupidjaws and have similar bone structure myself. you have very weak facial bones. it would be helpful to see your bite to know if surgery could help both functionally and aesthetically.

all that being said, even through these filters i can tell you have lovely skin texture and tone with a bit of rosiness in your cheeks and it's complimented by a rich contrasting head of hair and thick, dark brows and lashes. wish i could say they same for myself!

thinkingme

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »

I think he didnt have poor bone (bones suits his face) But i cant see his jawline this a problem. And at selfie it seems he has great jaw if u focus his jaw. But it can be cheek fat instead of bone im not sure.

If i were this dude i let all my facial hair grow and would style it with hair.

UnderMunch

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »

First of all; take pictures from a distance and have your camera include all of your head plus the upper part of your shoulders. The way you have taken these photos distorts your face making it look rounded that it really is. And don't do a face or expression with your eyebrows, that's just more distortion.

Other than that I honestly think your face looks just fine; your chin/jaw area are not prominent by any means, but I also think calling them recessed would be equally wrong.

I don't think you should pursue surgery, unless you have problems with bite and jaw functionality. You look decently attractive to me, honestly.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 12:43:47 PM »
My lower jaw, actually my face is similar to his in that my mandible and chin are on the thin side.  Can they do a Genio that splits the chin |___|    like this |__  __| with the gap eventually filling in? 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Bobbit

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 05:34:41 PM »
My lower jaw, actually my face is similar to his in that my mandible and chin are on the thin side.  Can they do a Genio that splits the chin |___|    like this |__  __| with the gap eventually filling in?

BETTER than that.   Multi-segment osteotomy of the chin.

Rather than  |__  __|     and hoping the gap will fill in,   you get this:  |__!!__|,   where the  !!   is a bone graft inserted in between the two segments.   I have seen the results of one of these and it worked really well for a patient that had a narrow and pointed chin.  Ended up being a rather robust masculine squared off chin. 

All of this is much preferred to a implants.