Author Topic: Combining Paranasal Implants with low lefort 1 possible?  (Read 748 times)

wakka12

Combining Paranasal Implants with low lefort 1 possible?
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
So I was just thinking today about how these two procedures could be combined quite well. Ive messaged some surgeons asking about this but none have replied yet so I Wanted to see if anybody knew.
Anyway so the unpredictable nature of lefort 1 results put me off slightly. From the change of the nasal bridge angle, to widened nasal base to nasal flaring etc. But paranasal implant seem very predictable form what I've seen ,simply push the base forward with few other side effects. And then could a lefort be performed right beneath the nasal base just above the front teeth to move the mouth forward. As the mouth may look recessed now the nasal base moved forward.
Does this seem like a good idea? Anyone ever heard of it being done ? I really want a lefort 1 but this alternative method would really put my mind at ease.

wakka12

Re: Combining Paranasal Implants with low lefort 1 possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:48:51 PM »
And sorry if this is a stupid question, just starting off learning about all this stuff, so probably not as well informed as a lot of you experts  ;)

marcus3415

Re: Combining Paranasal Implants with low lefort 1 possible?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »
Can't imagine so. The swelling will move the implant and reduce the stability