Author Topic: Mommaerts prices have gone up?  (Read 6558 times)

Moon Pix 1985

Mommaerts prices have gone up?
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:52:15 AM »
According to a poster at arch wired e was quoted 26000 Euros for double jaw surgery and the post is only from February this year.

Has anybody else had a quote off him recently? Why would his prices have gone up so much in such a short time? I don't really see how this is going to help him because I think a big part of his appeal was that he provided a very affordable alternative for people wanting world class jaw surgery without paying the extortionate prices US surgeons demand.

Sad day. I was really hoping to go to see him at some point to see about bimax. Are there any other good surgeons in the lower price range?

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43649&p=418124&hilit=mommaerts#p418124

Modigliani

• Private
Re: Mommaerts prices have gone up?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:37:27 AM »
There is simply no way his prices have tripled in the last year, it's nonsense.

Contact him directly and find out for yourself.

falcao

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:56:30 AM »
I saw him in the beginning of April and I am expecting his quote. My research shows the same thing - his prices almost trippled, so I'll wait and see what he will hit me with. One note: I waited 75 minutes after my scheduled time to go in and see him. There were patients from all parts of Europe in the waiting room, speaking in various languages. Someone I talked to online told me that she tried to make an appointment with him in March and will be seeing him in July - he's been overbooked. I made my appointment few months in advance as well (I think it may have been January).

I do agree that his appeal came mostly from his low cost, but there you go.... I guess all different surgery boards made him very popular and he's taking advantage of that. I know for a fact that two years ago you could have a double jaw surgery with him for 9,000 euros on average. So disappointing to see this dramatic increase in cost in such a short time. And to be honest, so little actual feedback on his work...

Suspicous_minds

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
Oh noo  :o
Time to redo the budget.

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:06:54 AM »
Oh noo  :o
Time to redo the budget.

Or visit Raffaini. I heard that he has performed double jaw surgery for 13000 euros. Still more than the fees that Mommaerts was famed for but maybe less than what he's asking now.

What is the finance like for these jaw surgeons anyway? Do you have to pay in full upfront or can you have repayment plans where you can repay over a certain number of years?

Dempah

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
Oh, I had a consultation with him 2 years ago and was quoted 7000 euro for a bimax. But I chose not to proceed with him.

Suspicous_minds

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
Or visit Raffaini. I heard that he has performed double jaw surgery for 13000 euros. Still more than the fees that Mommaerts was famed for but maybe less than what he's asking now.

What is the finance like for these jaw surgeons anyway? Do you have to pay in full upfront or can you have repayment plans where you can repay over a certain number of years?

Theres mixed opinions about Rffaini and his results .
I  were seriously  considering Mommaerts,

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »
Ive had an email today from one of Mommaerts assistants saying that the prices listed on his site are the correct prices at they include hospital and anaesthetist fees.

Im confused at this point. I wonder why some people have been saying that they have gone up?

Who to believe? ???

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »
I'd be inclined to believe his team not some internet randoms.

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »
It does seem bizarre that somebody would put their prices up to be three times what they were previously in one go.

Thats why I found it so strange in the first place that he would do it. The only hypothesis I had for why he would do it is because as I understand it he works in a University Hospital and I thought that maybe the university had had their funding cut.

CK

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
supply and demand.

Moon Pix 1985

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
supply and demand.

Well yeah but I would imagine that a big part of the reason that he is so in demand in the first place is because he's so affordable compared to other people.

pumukka

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
I hope he didnt, or we'll have to start searching new ones

one of the reasons his name snowballed is because of his good prices for a private european doctor (considering theres NHS, and in many countries here you can do it for free, vs in the US that insurances can pay about 60k?)

Not that many years ago his prices were even lower, he did raised them a bit, but I'm hoping/guessing he also likes helping people by not letting it go to his head and keeps his prices affordable for the average european, (cuz we are in europe after all, not that is easy to even raise 10k for bimax..)

It also depends on how much one is getting done, as he also has the facial makeover that is the most expensive but covers a lot of issues

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
Don't forget that if you're have several procedures done at once you only pay one lot of hospital/anaesthetic fees, maybe that's where people have been making a mistake  ???

CK

• Private
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
Well yeah but I would imagine that a big part of the reason that he is so in demand in the first place is because he's so affordable compared to other people.

well, european doctors are generally much cheaper than USA. partially due to the uhc and also high taxes on citizens. here it is possible to pay 50k-100k for surgery with savings and medical loans...european would take much longer to do that i would imagine.

because orthognathic surgery is excluded by a lot of insurances here doctors can charge what they want...the average fee is usually 25k.