Author Topic: Re: Scar Tissue  (Read 4327 times)

neferkitti

• Private
Re: Scar Tissue
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
I have scar tissue on my chin. It's slightly off to the right center. I didn't have a genio, so it's odd. Can't explain why it's there. Bad break? It's a small bump of tissue that appears to have separated from the underlying muscle. I wouldn't say it's hideous, and I rarely notice, but it serves as a demarcation between the right and left. 

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
Once you have scar tissue..the only way to get rid of it (and ironically potentially form more scar tissue)..is to cut you back open, right?

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »
Once you have scar tissue..the only way to get rid of it (and ironically potentially form more scar tissue)..is to cut you back open, right?

From what I've read, I believe so, yes.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »
Hopefully they do basic labwork preop to make sure youre generally "healthy" which would play into healing

I would imagine or else they'd get sued like they could be operating on an anemic person

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »
on the flip side, I can't believe I used to take iron supplements.  What a bad idea. 

Hi Trig,
Why do you not like iron supplements?

bluesqueen

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
uesly you don't see scare tissue's'
because they are hidden

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
Hi Trig,
Why do you not like iron supplements?
According to labs my iron binding capacity is out of range low meaning if I take iron it has no place to go

Also high iron is linked to a lot of inflammatory conditions.  I'd only take it if u were for sure anemic on an iron panel

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
According to labs my iron binding capacity is out of range low meaning if I take iron it has no place to go

Also high iron is linked to a lot of inflammatory conditions.  I'd only take it if u were for sure anemic on an iron panel

Thanks, Trig. No iron binding capacity issue here, just low iron, so I have to supplement. I have never really looked into its inflammatory effects. I don't really have any option but to take them, so I hope they aren't contributing to my inflammation.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
yeah if you're testing low then def take them and i doubt your oding

i just took them because i assumed (for reasons i won't elaborate on.....lol) that i needed them but i was wrong.  

the way to test for inflammation and iron stores is ferritin and http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hscrp/tab/test

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
yeah if you're testing low then def take them and i doubt your oding

No, definitely not taking too much. I can build up to the low end of normal.

i just took them because i assumed (for reasons i won't elaborate on.....lol) that i needed them but i was wrong.  

Haha. Gotcha. I understand.

the way to test for inflammation and iron stores is ferritin and http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hscrp/tab/test

Thanks! I'll check it out.