Author Topic: If you're upper teeth were flared out...  (Read 3100 times)

x

• Private
If you're upper teeth were flared out...
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
...wouldn't that mean you need CW rotation not CCW rotation? To me it seems like the rotation would depend on the area of the deficiency. In my case I have bimax protrusion which means that my lower maxilla is ahead of my upper maxilla, wouldn't clockwise rotation be necessary to level it off?

or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the movement...

CK

• Private
Re: If you're upper teeth were flared out...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
uhhh think she might just be posing.

x

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:19:39 PM »
uhhh think she might just be posing.
right, she changed the shape of her bone structure for that particular pose. good eye CK!

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »
right, she changed the shape of her bone structure for that particular pose. good eye CK!

well it's difficult to judge her bone structure because of the lighting, her head position, and the color changes. so i wouldnt use it as an example for anything other than a model posing.

x

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
well it's difficult to judge her bone structure because of the lighting, her head position, and the color changes. so i wouldnt use it as an example for anything other than a model posing.

Regardless of what she actually has, what I'm seeing in that picture is similar to what I have. my guess is the lower maxillary protrusion is a result of orthodontic 'overcorrection' of the upper teeth to meet with the lower for a class iii maloclussion

x

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
more pics of her:

i think it's pretty evident that she has a really flat midface with a protruding or convex maxilla/philtrum area

my guess is her jaws are shaped like mine

like:

\
/

where both jaws angle outwards

our face shapes are very similar. long looking midface, bulgy mouth, youthful appearance, depressed looking natural frown. I'm more recessed than she is though and I don't have the fantastic upper eye area she does
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:09:20 PM by Euphoria »

CK

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
agree w/o lazlo though it needs to be emphasized that not all of us here are dealing with what "mother nature" gave us.

but yeah, if you're perfectly healthy with zero functional problems the case for surgery needs more consideration.

as far as results go it is true there are a lot of probabilities, but after doing so many surgeries it generally becomes clear where the soft tissue will fall or how advancement will affect x,y z. not 100% but reliable guesses. just saying anything could happen seems like a slippery slope that promotes recklessness. most people will never see a "top" surgeon.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
Were not scaremongering, this is really happening!!

pumukka

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 05:46:56 AM »
I had my teeth flared out before extractions and braces, and after it I still have them afterwards. I dont know if its because im a class III so my top teeth are flared out to reach better my bottoms, I also show a lot of lower incisors when resting, talking and smiling (even a little of bottom gum)

but they tell me in some cases , flared teeth cant just be corrected with braces because of my maxilla position/rotation, like if you try to pust them in "the roots would come out" they didnt say it like that but im not sure how to explain it.

Some people have the opposite, top teeth facing inwards, i cant think of anyone but ive seen in a few people with staight teeth ( i think its cute lol)

So to answer your questions yes, I would need some degree of CW, My oclusal plane is on the flat side, only problems is I have a short ramus too and that would make my gonial angle even more steep and that is not a good either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:10:01 AM by pumukka »