Author Topic: One week for surgery overbite\crossbite  (Read 711 times)

JawGuy

One week for surgery overbite\crossbite
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »
Hi everyone
I'm 31yo male and finally after some 16 years got the courage (and the time and the money) to do a double jaw surgery.
It is scheduled to be on 13th of October to sort my overbite\crossbite.
It will be a lefort 1 advancement, bilateral split osteotomy, extract 3rd molars and 4 wisdom teeth, UPPP, genioplasty and all the other bits and pieces. It is expected the surgery will take 4h.

What I have to say? I'm not really nervous with the surgery itself, maybe because I had a septum surgery done before. I know it will be tough.
I'm more anxious about the recovery itself and how soon I will be able to go back to life as normal.

When I ask the doctor about recovery he seem quite chill about it, saying it's pretty much 1 miserable week, another week for further recovery then back to work and normal life since all recovery will be slow from there.

So I think question to the people who made a similar surgery so far is: how soon you guys went back to think about your travels, plans, work etc... life decisions in general?

I'm probably moving countries next year, doing some business and trying to sort a few areas of my life... doctor seemed to be ok with that. I totally understand the surgery is something I will have to concentrate my energy on... and there's no way out but just wonder for how long it sucking all from you. I see different opinions but just wanted to kinda start a new chat as a way to relax a bit and grab some opinions...

Thanks! :)