Author Topic: Stem cells & co  (Read 1367 times)

asphyxia

Stem cells & co
« on: October 28, 2016, 02:59:03 AM »
I everyone
okay, it may not be the best source ever, but still a sign of vulgarisation of scientific breakthroughs, and food for thoughts...
If you go through the whole article, you may find some interesting things, here's an excerpt :

Smith likens the current state of regenerative medicine to the Internet of the '90s. "In 1999, all these regular consumers were saying, 'What is this Internet thing?' It seemed to come out of nowhere, but in actuality people had been working on it for 15 years," he says. "In about five years, things like spinal repair, cardiac repair, and growing your own tissue outside of your body are going to happen. We're laying the foundations for that."

http://www.elle.com/beauty/health-fitness/a40299/measured-life-part-3/

Enjoy

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Stem cells & co
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »
I everyone
okay, it may not be the best source ever, but still a sign of vulgarisation of scientific breakthroughs, and food for thoughts...
If you go through the whole article, you may find some interesting things, here's an excerpt :

Smith likens the current state of regenerative medicine to the Internet of the '90s. "In 1999, all these regular consumers were saying, 'What is this Internet thing?' It seemed to come out of nowhere, but in actuality people had been working on it for 15 years," he says. "In about five years, things like spinal repair, cardiac repair, and growing your own tissue outside of your body are going to happen. We're laying the foundations for that."

http://www.elle.com/beauty/health-fitness/a40299/measured-life-part-3/

Enjoy

in five yearS? f**k we're saved then all of us.

mike888miller

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 08:43:02 AM »
this is interesting stuff, getting a fecal implant has been a game changer for a friend that used to drink a lot. it is not yet possible to match you with the best donor, so therefore the results can be hit or miss

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:28:37 PM »
this is interesting stuff, getting a fecal implant has been a game changer for a friend that used to drink a lot. it is not yet possible to match you with the best donor, so therefore the results can be hit or miss

i've heard about fecal implants. what were her problems and how did this help????

mike888miller

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:36:11 AM »
always tired, got sick often, depressed

the implant fixed it all, now sleeps only 6 hours, and Feeling much more happy

she had taken a lot of antibiotics due to some illnesses in chilhood, and also was a pretty heavy drinker due to her Banking Job in which she had to go out with Clients basically 4 nights a week for 10 years

i agree the thought of this is a bit iffy, but medical studies are being done and some have been terminated mid stream because they were so successful that it was deemned unethical to withhold the real deal from the Placebo control Group

think about it like this - taking probiotics, eating kimchi and drinking bone broth is like getting a filler, doing some Botox. doing the transplant is like getting the bimax in Texas, santa Barbara or philly (the Insiders will get those references ;)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:51:02 PM »
But I dunno five years till we're growing organs????

I don't think that's accurate at all, more like 50 years no?

I read this thing on a dentist's forum where dentists were chatting about stem cells and s**t and they said
that that like growing real teeth in a lab and implanting them in patients etc. was more than 50 years away and
not in our life time more likely. So what the f**k???? I guess you can't predict the f**king future.